aberdeen-music

Advice: Credit Cards

RossP

Egg cards offer a good deal, be careful what you do with the fucker though, I got one in January 2005, spunked away £1250 on it in about two months and I'm still paying it off yet. It's a never ending circle with the fucker, I'm broke cos I've had to pay off a huge lump of my credit card, and so just withdraw the money I've paid onto it cos I've got no mnoney left

I knew a great website which let you realise, once your limit on a CC has passed a certain threshold, at the minimum payment per month, even when you die you wouldn't have paid it off.

Fuck that moneysavingexpert website its full of shit.... www.fool.co.uk is where you can really learn about finances. More depressing is the amount of people you can read about who are writing off 50k+ worth of debt every day then starting all over again!!!!!

Forget a Credit card seriously.....

Egg cards offer a good deal' date=' be careful what you do with the fucker though, I got one in January 2005, spunked away 1250 on it in about two months and I'm still paying it off yet. It's a never ending circle with the fucker, I'm broke cos I've had to pay off a huge lump of my credit card, and so just withdraw the money I've paid onto it cos I've got no mnoney left[/quote']

I have a similar situation with my ISA - Every month (on the 1st) I put in 100. Come thw 20th I have to phone up the bank to put it back into my current account! I hate it when I have to transfer more out of my savings in a month than I have put in. I lie awake at night feeling guilty about that handbag I bought in TKMaxx a fortnight ago...........

My mate got a credit card that doesn't have a monthly charge (somehow)' date=' so he keeps it in his wallet doing next to fuck all and slowly builds up a positive credit history.[/quote']

I've had loads of credit cards over the last few years and I've never been charged a monthly charge before. The trick with credit cards is to change them frequently, then they never cost you anything. Watch for places that charge you to move your balance though, it's usually printed very, very small! Another tip - never build up more debt on your credit card than half your monthly wage - then you can always afford to pay it back if needs be.