aberdeen-music

Go North (Culturedeluxe review)

Paul()

alkalin' date=' it's folk like you that are too quick to slag off bands.[/quote']

I don't recall slagging off any band? o_O I was laughing at your 'take' on things. I've heard Diablo before and don't particularly like them but i didn't comment on their musical ability. Why so defensive?

Theer re many forward thinking bands in Aberdeen, bands like P:VH, Weapon, colon openbracket, Estrella, Stanley, bands who are looking outwith Aberdeen to achieve their goals. A band cant be said to be 'forward thinking' when they havent done anything to put that in motion. Lots of bands dream of touring the world and playing Wembley stadium that makes them about as forward thinking as Diablo as both may be thinking to the future but that doesnt matter until you start doing soemthing about it.

You can't say who's the most forward thinking Aberdeen act anymore than you can say who's the best because they're all in different genres and as such all have to do different thing to reach their personal goals, however the difference is they are all doing stuff, they're all going out there and putting themselves out to a wider audience and making some kind of connections outwith Aberdeen. I havent seen or heard Diablo, but the very fact they havent hit my radar may imply they're not geting out their enough.

Cheers

Stuart

Jeezus...

So we're a bit good... or a bit shite...

And we haven't played outside Aberdeen much...

And some people don't like us and some people do...

And we're the greatest thing since sliced bread and we're dull and boring...

And we got into GoNorth AGAIN (don't ask me why, I don't choose it)

And well, personally, Nick123's ranting is a lot of bollocks...

Live and let live.

Who is Dick Brown and what does he know?

I dont like him cos he slagged off bobby's vocals - he being the provider of some great sing alongs.

Dick was probably still overcome (deafened) by the hedrons and Bobby doesn't have boobs. He needs to listen to some of RHL's acoustic stuff before commenting on Bobby's range and "ear"

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, you used the Richard -> Dick path to instant message board hilarity. Congratulations.

It wasn't the Hedrons' tits that made me give them a good review, it was their energy, their tunes and the fact they looked like they were having fun...which is something far too many bands over the two days didn't convey. Most of them looked like they were bored shitless - or that this is "far too important an opportunity" to bounce around and have fun.

You're right, I *should* try Right Hand Left again. I thought they were very good, I just didn't care for Bobby's vocals at the time and I can only be honest in what I write. But I don't NEED to hear anything just cos you have a problem with what I wrote on a fairly unknown website.

Did you actually see anything of RHL ?

Ah' date=' you used the Richard -> Dick path to instant message board hilarity. Congratulations.

It wasn't the Hedrons' tits that made me give them a good review, it was their energy, their tunes and the fact they looked like they were having fun...which is something far too many bands over the two days didn't convey. Most of them looked like they were bored shitless - or that this is "far too important an opportunity" to bounce around and have fun.

You're right, I *should* try Right Hand Left again. I thought they were very good, I just didn't care for Bobby's vocals at the time and I can only be honest in what I write. But I don't NEED to hear anything just cos you have a problem with what I wrote on a fairly unknown website.[/quote']

Thanks Dick, it is an unfortunate fact of life that anyone christened Richard gets tagged with Dick especially when they come across like one. I didn't get on to you for comments about Bobby's vocals, although they can be quite strange sometimes, he is different and has a great range. I was p****d that you stated he was tone deaf !! and I could not believe that anyone who has seen him up close and personal could believe that in any way. As for energy and enjoying being on stage, were you actually there !!