aberdeen-music

Mexico

Camie

We've played with them. they are okay I suppose. Total cunts about sharing their equipment though - made our guitarist play through a keyboard amp, since his was a new amp and might break. Yeah, if it breaks, it's a piece of shit, take it back and get another one. That's what a warranty is for numbnuts.

Mexico are on my personal "cunts" list.

If you want to hear a good band from perth check out a band called The Phantom Riffage - kind of mix up of Sabbath + Motorhead. These guys officially rock your nuts off. Dunno about a site or anything though.

Craig

Hey Craig,

Look, we're sorry about not letting you use the amp, but we sorted it out with the organiser (Lyle i think) that you guys could use any of our equipment, except Gary's guitar amp, cause it was brand new a few days ago. And the reason he had to get a new one, was cause some guitarist broke his last one. So we made double sure ultra mega positive that it would be ok for you guys to bring your own amp - cause we didn't want you to have to go through a keyboard amp or something similarly rubbish. But it still sounded fine anyway.

So sorry if we came across as cunts. We're not cunts. At least we try not to be.

And yeah, Phantom Riffage rock.

Yeah I realise it was arranged before. But we had transport problems - car broke down and had to come on train, hence we couldn't bring an amp.

So we were stuck and you didn't help us out. It's practically impossible to break a guitar amp, especially a brand new 150W amp in Drouthies. I let bands use my vintage marshall amp all the time. Valve amps (especially ones older than me) are far more likely to break than new solidstate ones. Plus if it breaks - I pay to fix it - no warranties on an amp like that.

I don't have a problem with letting bands use my gear, especially if they're stuck.

We're all in the same boat, so you should ask your guitarist to reconsider his attitude as it's not likely to make friends. One of my pet hates is people who are precious about their gear.

Anyway, it's done now.

Craig

I don't remember you saying anything about your car breaking down. All we heard was that you just didn't bring an amp. If Gary had realised that, I'm sure he would have let you use it. We thought you just hadn't been assed to bring one. Neither myself or Gary has a problem with people using our gear - he just likes to avoid it where possible considering what happened to his old one. You should have said man.

And you didn't say anything to us when we were there that night either. You were being really friendly and "No really, it's fine. Don't worry about it." Then as soon as we're not there to defend ourselves you're calling us cunts?

Anyway, you're right, it's done now. Nevermind. Hope the thought of gigging with us again someday doesn't disgust you.

Just make sure you bring your own amp. :laughing: