aberdeen-music

11th May Ghost of Bongo + The Shakes @ Snafu

11th May FREE GIG Ghost of Bongo + The Shakes @ Snafu

Bands are on from 10pm and running order will more than likely be Ghost of Bongo followed by The Shakes.

Ghost of Bongo and The Shakes will be playing in Snafu on 11th May. Despite Go North being on and drawing everyone to Belmont Street, we would like to invite you to our show in Snafu. Funk and Rock with us! It is FREE entry if you ask for tickets from the bands or at the door for the first 30 - 40 to arrive.

Last Aberdeen gig for Ghost of Bongo for a good few months due to relocation. So if you can't make this one, we will see you when we get back!

:up:

Its more like a three part project! Two of us are moving down to Edinburgh while two remain in Aberdeen. Will more than likely join them within a short period of time. Although there are generally 5 in the band, our drummer has left. Puts us in a better position as he wasn't wanting to go anywhere else.

How was the Tunnels gig? Were Refuse Boy good? Was going to head down but gigging with my other band.

Ah I see, Auld Reekie rock......

......speaking of which, Refuse Boy were excellent. I was mightily impressed. Very NirvanaFugaziPavement. A lot more intricate songs than the ones on their myspace. (forward slash refuseboy). I think they are coming back up in July to play a gig at Drummonds with us.

Enjoyed the Tunnels, it was a good night, my wee bro's band Schmuk played too, I love those guys. We're playing The Moorings on saturday, we're on at 9. won't make 11th as I feel a bit of Zuton Fever coming on........

Don't think they've got anything booked and I think they'll be disbanding after summer when University beckons, I think they're all bright lads and they're from Banchory so University is the ONLY option! 'm sure they'll do a reunion tour......

Catchya later

Free Tickets

We have been given 20 tickets to sell for this gig but since Go North is on at the moment and it is free, we will just be giving these out. If you would like to come and see us for FREE ( :woohoo: ) , let me know and I will stand at the top of the stairs of Snafu with your ticket!

I don't know what the The Shakes are doing regarding this.

First come first serve. 2 tickets have already gone.

Do what I did - leave your kit there overnight, make sure you are incommunicado the next day so that your bass player has to pick up all the gear. You get home from work, drumkits sitting there, you've played a great gig and you can get to the pub......

Yeah, thats the right idea. Unfortunately its usually me that has to pick up all the shit!

I think it would be a mistake to even charge at the door unless you are needing the money. All the Go North stuff is free which will make people think more than twice about paying to get in!

What time are you taking your kit down tubthumper. I'll easily give you a hand with it if you like.

That is not a problem. It's only fair if you are lugging a kit there as well!

We are playing with a borrowed drummer at the moment. His band are playing in one of the Go North events kind of early on. Do you guys mind playing last so we can sound check as late as possible? Need to check up on the details of his gig.

If he can't make it for sound check, maybe tubthumper could bash out a beat for us?

Colin

Do what I did - leave your kit there overnight' date=' make sure you are incommunicado the next day so that your bass player has to pick up all the gear. You get home from work, drumkits sitting there, you've played a great gig and you can get to the pub......[/quote']

That's well harsh!

But a good idea...