aberdeen-music

Wheres Moshulu?

Guest paul frank

Originally posted by paul frank

Been in aberdeen 3 weeks..whats kind of music does moshulu play and where is this much loved moshulu? how much to get in?? etc etc...and where's all the good pubs?

ROM

Moshulu is on Windmill Brae just off the top of Crown Street. It plays different music on different days ie Fridays are mainstream rock, Saturdays are 70s/80s rock anthem type things and Mondays are indie and local stuff (i think). It's about 3.50 to get in, but you can get a discount if you are a student with ID or you get a membership card from the cloakroom.Opens at 10.30pm until 3am.

Drinks are cheap, 1.75 for a vodka and mixer or a pint I think, plus regular promos.

Henry J Beans is attached and is more of a bar, it has a couple of pool tables and live music on weekends. Other good pubs are...Ma Camerons (an old mans pub really, but good and relaxed with great lunches). Slain's Castle is good for cocktails and Hog's Head is ok too. They're all on, or just off Belmont Street.

enjoy

ma camerons isn't an old man's pub. it's been a student haunt for years, with an old man's snug. Fantastic pub though, if a bit pricey these days.

you'll also be wanting to check out dr drakes on shiprow (walk up towards castlegate until you get to the lighthouse cinema and then walk down that street).

Re: Re: Wheres Moshulu?

Originally posted by Singingstarfish

Moshulu is on Windmill Brae just off the top of Crown Street. It plays different music on different days ie Fridays are mainstream rock, Saturdays are 70s/80s rock anthem type things and Mondays are indie and local stuff (i think). It's about 3.50 to get in, but you can get a discount if you are a student with ID or you get a membership card from the cloakroom.Opens at 10.30pm until 3am.

Drinks are cheap, 1.75 for a vodka and mixer or a pint I think, plus regular promos.

Henry J Beans is attached and is more of a bar, it has a couple of pool tables and live music on weekends. Other good pubs are...Ma Camerons (an old mans pub really, but good and relaxed with great lunches). Slain's Castle is good for cocktails and Hog's Head is ok too. They're all on, or just off Belmont Street.

enjoy

Kate this proves one thing, we've being goin here for a long time!!(u have a good memory)