May 8 London, UK Hammersmith Apollo Theatre

May 10 Paris, France Palais Bercy

May 12 Milan, Italy Forum Arena

May 14 Barcelona, Spain Badalona Arena

May 16 Amsterdam, Netherlands Heineken Music Hall

May 17 Frankfurt, Germany Festhalle

May 20 Oslo, Norway Spektrum Arena

May 21 Stockholm, Sweden Hovet Arena

Bruce Springsteen has announced European concert dates in conjunction with the release of 'We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions.' These concerts will feature music from the new CD. There are ten shows, commencing May 5 in Dublin, Ireland, and extending through May 21 in Stockholm, Sweden. These shows follow the performing debut of Bruce Springsteen with The Seeger Sessions Band at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on April 30. Each night, an all new evening of gospel, folk, and blues will be presented by Springsteen with his 17-member Seeger Sessions Band.

In addition to Springsteen on Vocals, Guitar and Harmonica, the European tour dates for the Seeger Sessions Band will comprise the following lineup: Sam Bardfeld (Violin), Art Baron (Tuba), Frank Bruno (Guitar), Jeremy Chatzky (Upright Bass), Larry Eagle (Drums), Clark Gayton (Trombone), Charles Giordano (Accordion, Keyboards), Curtis King (Vocals), Greg Liszt (Banjo), Lisa Lowell (Vocals), Eddie Manion (Sax), Cindy Mizell (Vocals), Curt Ramm (Trumpet), Marty Rifkin (Pedal Steel Guitar), Patti Scialfa (Vocals), Mark Thompson (Vocals) and Soozie Tyrell (Violin).

'We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions' will be released by Columbia Records as a DualDisc or CD/DVD in some territories on April 25 (April 24 in Europe), with the full album on one side of the disc and DVD content on the other side. In addition, the DualDisc (or CD/DVD) package will contain two bonus tracks and a special booklet including a note from Springsteen. The album features the musician's personal interpretations of thirteen traditional songs, all of them associated with the legendary guiding light of American folk music, Pete Seeger.

Damn' date=' no Scottish dates. The album's going to be spectacular, though.[/quote']

:swearing: That sucks - I'd love to see Springsteen. When was the last time he ventured north? Didn't he play the Playhouse on the "Tom Joad" tour? I have a bootleg of the London Gigs and it sounded amazing. Maybe he's not coming north due to the bird flu:laughing:

tickets went very fast, i was all set to book or either seetickets or ticketmaster but thought i'd choose the one that offered the better seats.

but seetickets just booked the tickets without any confirmation of where they were!

used their website many times before but this was a first.

"Thanks for ordering

You have booked

3 SEATS ticket(s)

for BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.

PLEASE NOTE, this transaction will appear on your statement as 'EVENT TICKETS'.

Your tickets will be posted out to the address you have entered.

We will send you an email shortly to confirm your order details and reference number. Please note that due to the high demand for tickets, you should allow at least 3 hours for this to be delivered.

Thank you for booking online - enjoy the show!

buggers, when i finally got a confirmation email through with reference number i still had no idea where the seats were. thought i'd have a look at the "order tracker" thing, just so happens to tell you exactly what you've ordered and where the seats are.

sorry for wasting two minutes of your life folks.

anyway i'm a bit concerned about the gig as i dunno what he's gonna play, wonder will it just be all the new stuff from forthcoming album with a couple of oldies thrown in?? Any from Devils & Dust, The Rising, etc??

I bought tickets for MEN Arena Sun 7th May, mainly for my parents, not sure if i'll go or not, i'll be in manchester anyway as I also bought tickets for Morrissey at the Opera House on the same night. seen Bruce at Old Traf cricket ground maybe 2 years ago & Earls Court ages ago. seen morrissey at MEN Arena on his last tour. didnt get tickets for aberdeen as i'm on holiday.

Guest DustyDeviada
I bought tickets for MEN Arena Sun 7th May' date=' mainly for my parents, not sure if i'll go or not, i'll be in manchester anyway as I also bought tickets for Morrissey at the Opera House on the same night. seen Bruce at Old Traf cricket ground maybe 2 years ago & Earls Court ages ago. seen morrissey at MEN Arena on his last tour. didnt get tickets for aberdeen as i'm on holiday.[/quote']

Tough choice, if I was in your boat I think I would go for Bruce, Morrissey's always touring but this looks like a "once in a lifetime Springsteen" show.

certainly it is rare to see the Boss but I'm not really sure what kind of gig it'll be, plus it looks like my tickets are up in the 2nd tier. Morrissey at Opera House would be pretty unique but yeah he's started playing quite a few shows on his tour + fests.

I'm hoping that the new stuff from the Boss is amazing, think I'll weigh up the two new albums & decide that way.

Plus I could probably get a shit load for my Morrissey ticket... but I'd end up finding a friend to go, dam that self-less-ness inner voice, i coulda been rich i tell yees!