aberdeen-music

new wave/punk rock/alternative/shit hot/ bands wanted

Biz

Gig in Aberdeen on Sunday 6th August available for tasty bands - no namby pamby shite or Jazz ,the punker the better.The aim is to celebrate 30 years of punk rock and have a laugh without having to endure shitty music , and the next day is the Monday holiday so there's no excuse not to.

hmmm punk rock ...tastier than a plate of stovies ,c'mon baby mince my tatties.

who are you to say what is punk rock is its not a musical style lets face it that really got boring years ago theres not the political climate for decent punk anymore anarchy wasnt what it was cracked up to be mate, no its a frame of mind and dictating whats cool and not certainly isnt punk.

That's easy for you to say,but not so easy for me to read,try using punctuation,it may help in future.I was never an anarchist,I found the idea rediculous.

I am not dictating what's cool,I am trying to organise a gig and ensure that the bands will be enjoyed by the majority of paying punters.

This thread was not an open invitation to make pointless comments,I am looking for bands,NOT whingers. Your words - theres not the political climate for decent punk anymore - -ho hum try telling that to The Damned, they have been at it for 30 years, and I don't recall them being political. Punk rock is about having fun.

sensible_c.jpg

wtf

who are you to decide whats punk and not lets face it "true" punk has been boring for eons theres no longer the climate or energy in this country to make for good punk of course dictating who is punk and who is not is very punk of you open your eyes! no one gives 2 shits about the monarchy and what can we protest government wise? the smoking ban? every little social issue has been done to death and what weve got left is the same fucking riffs the same fucking music and the same fucking subjects as was done (and much better) by the likes of the clash, wire etc

This thread was not an open invitation to make pointless comments,I am looking for bands,NOT whingers.

I've seen Wire,they were shit.

Go and have a boring rant at someone else,all I want is 8 good bands to put on a bit of enrtertainment, REVOLT NOW - HAVE FUN.