aberdeen-music

I've just been blown away...

Mouse

Guest five years
I think Floyd suck cats wallopers but have to concede The Oz Pink Floyd were afa good.

anyone else monumentally confused?

you don't like the original, but the tribute band that are imitating the original (almost exactly i've heard) you do like...

interesting..

I dont like Floyd records

but I do appreciate above average live performances,even if I don't like the music.

Tho Oz Floyd had a great light show and were superb musicians and vocalists,but I still will not buy the music.

I saw Roger Waters- he used a weird speaker set up-it was scary as hell.

but I do appreciate above average live performances' date='even if I don't like the music.

Tho Oz Floyd had a great light show and were superb musicians and vocalists,but I still will not buy the music.

I saw Roger Waters- he used a weird speaker set up-it was scary as hell.[/quote']

The Azimuth Coordinator? Probably a more advanced version though.

this explains it pretty well ...I was coned as a stunt

Roger Waters

(Tuesday July 2, 2002 2:06 PM )

Gig played on 30/06/2002

Venue: Pyramid Stage (Glastonbury)

There are those at this year's Glastonbury who've never heard of Roger Waters. There are others who've made the trip just to see this part of the former Pink Floyd bassist's 'In The Flesh' tour. Floyd's continued feud and Waters' stubborn ego, combine to ensure that his shows are always a greatest hits package and so the Floyd freaks are here, licking their lips.

Even the biggest indie kid in the land recognises 'Another Brick In The Wall' (cue looks of 'oh. so that's who he is' as the school choir kicks in on the chorus), while those of us in the know can't help but chuckle when the old stage master employs the in-field PA stacks to fire disconcerting sound effects of diving fighter plans and barking dogs at full volume in glorious surround-sound, terrifying some more delicate souls.

'Mother' reminds us that at the heart of classic Pink Floyd, lays some beautifully simple songs - Roger strumming a gentle acoustic here - while the inclusion of top of the range session guitarists Chester Kamen and Snowy White ensure that the full Floyd sound can be replicated when needed. Witness the white hot playing on the classic 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' - what an opening, clanging riff, and only three notes.

'Dogs' concludes with more bafflement for the uninitiated as Roger and the band sit centre-stage and play poker, swigging vodka, while a keyboard interlude noodles away. Coldplay fans are now shaking their heads in disbelief - "they're playing bloody cards!" 'Wish You Were Here' picks up the thread as the rain starts but Roger, resembling a veteran Guy Richie

getaway driver, and the band are a compelling spectacle, even in this cut down version of their show.

The classic 'Money' kicks off some late evening, 'what the hell' boogie all around before we marvel at Snowy White's contribution on 'Comfortably Numb' and admit, in some cases begrudgingly, that the old guys can still entertain and surprise a crowd with a few long-forgotten tricks. If only Rod Stewart had been watching.

by Andy Strickland

'Dogs' concludes with more bafflement for the uninitiated as Roger and the band sit centre-stage and play poker' date=' swigging vodka, while a keyboard interlude noodles away. Coldplay fans are now shaking their heads in disbelief - "they're playing bloody cards!"[/quote']

Just like the DVD!

Supported them once in a huge marquee in the middle of nowhere just North of Inverness. Unbelievably professional - they arrived as we were playing and within 20 mins of us falling off stage they had ripped down the pa, set up their own, and started.

I stood front and centre, uncorked bottle number two and was totally floored by how good they were. They had all the visuals projected onto the walls of the Marquee so the whole stage seemed to surround everyone. Amazing.

There is a good reason they're so authentic though, 'course...