aberdeen-music

'Solo' Track

Guest Les Stroszek

Guest bluesxman

The kick drum at the start seems too loud to me and overpowers the bass part, I would try and reduce it to a low volume pulse and also the low bass part seems unnecessary, I would ditch it. When the hi-hat rhythm kicks in the whole thing starts to work very well, I like it. it's got a nice feel to it, almost Durutti Column-ish. So yeah, for me, a play with the beginning would improve it as a whole piece of music. But then that's only my opinion! And also i'm listening on shitty headphones so maybe i'm hearing things different than they would sound on a decent system....

Guest Les Stroszek
The kick drum at the start seems too loud to me and overpowers the bass part' date=' I would try and reduce it to a low volume pulse and also the low bass part seems unnecessary, I would ditch it. When the hi-hat rhythm kicks in the whole thing starts to work very well, I like it. it's got a nice feel to it, almost Durutti Column-ish. So yeah, for me, a play with the beginning would improve it as a whole piece of music. But then that's only my opinion! And also i'm listening on shitty headphones so maybe i'm hearing things different than they would sound on a decent system....[/quote']

Thank you very much for that! I agree it sounds rough cos I just kinda threw it together one evening as I was bored and it was all in one take. I might re-visit this track sometime and tidy it up.Thanks for the kind words to you and Biz!

Guest Les Stroszek

It couldn't really sound like Sigor Ros as theres only 3 bass tracks and a drum machine on it! No orchestras for me sadly. Don't know whats so special about the track at 2.16 personally. I prefare it at 3.33!

Guest Les Stroszek

Cheers man just wanted to do it as an experiment to see if I could make a track using my bass as the only instrument! Yeah nobody deserves to hear my singing!