aberdeen-music

The new Will Young song

Hog

Believe me, if I was having a conversation with you in a bar, unlikely though that would be, I would most definitely reiterate everything I've posted on here to your face.

I'm not one of those aberdeen-music.com people who purposefully say things to provoke a reaction. I honestly said what I thought. AGAIN, sorry if this causes offence to people. I wasn't directly having a go at you, because I know tonnes of posters have the same opinions as you.

• Upvote 1

Believe me' date=' if I was having a conversation with you in a bar, unlikely though that would be, I would most definitely reiterate everything I've posted on here to your face.

I'm not one of those aberdeen-music.com people who purposefully say things to provoke a reaction. I honestly said what I thought. AGAIN, sorry if this causes offence to people. I wasn't directly having a go at you, because I know tonnes of posters have the same opinions as you.[/quote']

Hey, love and peace :kiss:

Just a bit of fun debate.

ps (I AM a total cock at times - but I'm not a bad guy)

Take care.

DZL

I dunno' date=' there's just something about Simon Cowell's pop army that's disgustingly sterile.[/quote']

Asexual would be how I would put it. Non-threatening. Safe. Bland. Would also suffice.

That said, I voted for Will Young because I loved the version of "Ain't no sunshine" he did (shame about the dodgy version of "light my fire" though!)

Seriously, this whole real vs unreal debate is so much horseshit anyway. Are Franz Ferdinand or Bullet For My Valentine or Jack Johnson (to pick three random examples) any less "product" than Will Young et al? Lets not forget that as well as Elvis (who's already been mentioned) most acts pre-Beatles (and even some after - many Tamla-Motown artists) rarely wrote their own material - or even played on it in some cases (I seem to recall the Byrds did not play any of the music on their first lp) and even Lennon/Macartney studied the output of the Brill building intently to figure out how to write hits.

Anyway, regardless of all of the above, having read over Hog's original post it would seem that his original comment was simply an expression of admiration at the song itself as an excellent piece of production rather than a critique of the artist.