aberdeen-music

Baby Karma, first rough demo online

jester1470

Hi, with the new EP and album well in the works we decided to releases a rough copy of one of the demoes we're working on. If you've enjoyed Emma Forman's work with the Deviada's or her solo work, then this may be an interesting diversion, well worth a listen.

Baby Karma is a joint venture between Emma Forman, Blair Cunningham and Stuart Mitchell. The track is a commercial pop/rock song. The demo is of the track Because. This is a very rough version of the track without final mixing or final vocals, the vocals on the demo are the guide vocals we put together for the demoing, and there are several parts that will be rerecorded for the final track but it gives an idea of where we're heading with it.

Because, rough Baby Karma demo

We would appreciate any feedback on the tracks, we know they're not going to the to everyone's tastes and they're only rough and would appreciate people taking that into account, but look forward to your comments.

About Baby Karma

Aberdeen solo star and Deviada's member Emma Forman has teamed up with manager Stuart Mitchell, and guitarist/producer Blair Cunningham on a new project to be called Baby Karma. The album (tentatively titled 'Enigma: a true fable of kazoo's and kangaroo's') is being recorded at Blair's Post Box Studio's with Emma, Blair and Stuart all involved in production.

There will be a full band project following later in the year. Blair also plays with Indigo Source and has shared a stage with members of The Eagles, Genesis, Deacon Blue, Marillion, XTC, The Stone Roses, Massive Attack, and many others.

Emma has played in Bad Karma, The Deviada's and has also been a solo performer for the past few years.

Stuart Mitchell previously managed Jo McCafferty and has also worked with members of Stiltskin, Genesis, and Marillion.

Cheers

Stuart

Sounds nice. Emma has a lovely voice, although she sounds like she's holding back a bit. I know it's just a guide vocal but it just felt a bit emotionless somehow, needs a bit more passion. I'd love to hear her really let fly...

And there are a couple of little clashing notes in the solo I think, just little dissonances that I noticed at about 3.11, and 3.24. Not very noticeable, but thought I'd mention it.

Very good though. Look forward to hearing the finished one.