aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup Thread

delboy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No' date=' the least used words are 'East Stirlingshire to win'![/quote']

I like East Stirling, mainly because when they're at home it's an easy '2' in the box (unless it's Montrose visiting!).

My acca was buggered by Midden getting cuffed at home by Hamilton, would've picked up170 otherwise X(......

• 1 month later...
Guest Jake Wifebeater
time to bump this thread' date=' less than a month to go!!!![/quote']

It's not the real thing though, as there isn't the edge of supporting your club team. It's strange watching games without the undercurrent of utter hatred. Just a wee sideshow until the bread and butter starts in August.

It's not the real thing though' date=' as there isn't the edge of supporting your club team. It's strange watching games without the undercurrent of utter hatred. Just a wee sideshow until the bread and butter starts in August.[/quote']

your absolutely right, since my club nearly went bust a year ago and went non league i have become an even more passionate supporter.

meanwhile on the international stage i've had to put up with 1) an awful manager for the past five years and 2) the endless drivel about the english national team dished out by the media

for me when cambridge win promotion back to the league it would piss over england winning the world cup a hundred million times.

but looking forward to the footy fest nonetheless.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
but looking forward to the footy fest nonetheless.

Oh, don't get me wrong, same here, it's a wee binge on caviar and champagne before going back to the staple diet of bread and butter. Always keep an eye on Eastern European teams, I think Scorge has a tenner on Serbia to win it!

Oh' date=' don't get me wrong, same here, it's a wee binge on caviar and champagne before going back to the staple diet of bread and butter. Always keep an eye on Eastern European teams, I think Scorge has a tenner on Serbia to win it![/quote']

Yeah, along with 20 on England, my 'insurance' policy.

I'll end up betting on all the group games too, I sodding know it.......

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'll end up betting on all the group games too' date=' I sodding know it.......[/quote']

Likewise comrade, an orgy of 2 accumulators on the way...........

I think this year will hold a suprise. Like Korea were really close last time, the Czechs in recent years have been slowly running up the rankings.

I don't think the favourites will win.. I reckon it'll be a lowly outsider.. If we got there we woulda had a good chance..