aberdeen-music

Anyone worked for 'Hays' before/now?

rowan

Hi...

has anyone worked for a company called Hay's

i recently apply'd for a job as a recruitment consultant with them, when the woman called me back to give me details of the job it sounded more like a telesales job, phoning around companies trying to drum up buisiness and nothing like recruitment consultancy...

Has anyone delt with this company before or been in the same situation?

Guest DustyDeviada
I wouldn't have the bottle to work for them!

(I was always a 'bona-cola' man....does it still exist???)

You mean "Himmin' Ale"? Kind of amazing that everyone in Aberdeen used to get their "ale" from them, then they just disappeared off the planet thanks to supermarkets.

I think in this case though Hays is information management or something.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Hi...

has anyone worked for a company called Hay's

i recently apply'd for a job as a recruitment consultant with them' date=' when the woman called me back to give me details of the job it sounded more like a telesales job, phoning around companies trying to drum up buisiness and nothing like recruitment consultancy...

Has anyone delt with this company before or been in the same situation?[/quote']

one of my best mates worked for them for 4 years in Edinburgh- unfortunately, recruitment consultancy is predominantly office based, as you are constantly trying to find people to fill jobs for clients, and it's far easier to do by phone.

i got the impression the hours were long, but the pay good after a year or two.

i also think they have a pretty hefty drinking culture as a company mid week, which my mate struggled with.

i got slaughtered in an interview for them when i was young and dim - but in hindsight i am glad i did not get it.8)