aberdeen-music

Element 106 tune

Hog

Ok, put this song up before but I have reworked my vocals. This should possibly be in the musician corner, dunno. Im trying out some weird, eerie harmonies i.e. the one during the last chorus, where I almost run out of breath lol. Is there certain ways to layer vocals (outwith just doubling and singing an octave above the other vocal)???

I like Chino's almost off kilter harmonies (deftones guy) and just wonder how I can improve harmonies etc.

Any constructive feedback/help is greatly appreciated.

Element go into the studio next week to record new stuff with James our new guitarist.

btw the tune is clickable below.

http://www.myspace.com/e106

Guest Phantomsmasher

Listened to the tune twice, not much of a pure metal fan so you can discredit this all you want.

Death growls are pretty good, Tony's got a good voice on him, but the singing vocals are terrible, no real power in them what so ever, and the effects added to them seem to make it sound like a gremlin. Also it highlights the weakness of the lyrics (I personally hate that style of lyrics, personal preference) The rest of the sound is really sludgy, and in my opinion this kind of metal benefits from a sterile cleaner production.

Meh, on a whole as I said I dislike this kind of metal, hence why i'm not going to comment whether I enjoyed it or not, just thought the sound needs sorted

Em... what to say' date=' but honestly those vocals are pretty bad. They sound extremly weak, and the effects put on them don't help in anyway what so ever. Also thought that the whole sound of the song was really sludgy, not much of a cutting tone guitar.[/quote']

Computer distortion plug in, will sort that out in time regarding guitar. Its vocals im trying to sort. Maybe the "give it balls" vox? Our guitarist told me that I should sing it with more raaaar, probably right.

Just experimenting at the moment with vocal styles.

Listened to the tune twice' date=' not much of a pure metal fan so you can discredit this all you want.

Death growls are pretty good, Tony's got a good voice on him, but the singing vocals are terrible, no real power in them what so ever, and the effects added to them seem to make it sound like a gremlin. Also it highlights the weakness of the lyrics (I personally hate that style of lyrics, personal preference) The rest of the sound is really sludgy, and in my opinion this kind of metal benefits from a sterile cleaner production.

Meh, on a whole as I said I dislike this kind of metal, hence why i'm not going to comment whether I enjoyed it or not, just thought the sound needs sorted[/quote']

Totally agree. Thanks for the input:up:

The rest of the sound is really sludgy' date=' and in my opinion this kind of metal benifits from a sterile cleaner production.[/quote']

This will be amended on the next recording I hope, I'm going to ensure I can get the best sound dialled in before that record button is pressed :up:

Our guitarist told me that I should sing it with more raaaar' date=' probably right.[/quote']

More 'raaaar' than the new one yeah man, I think it sounds very soft (more so than at practice). It may be because I'm used to hearing it otherwise that I prefer the 'usual' way.

To be honest, I liked the previous recording, but slightly more pitch precise shall we say hehe!

Element go into the studio next week to record new stuff with James our new guitarist.

And I can't wait either!

Guest b-bert
Death growls are pretty good' date=' Tony's got a good voice on him, but the singing vocals are terrible, no real power in them what so ever, and the effects added to them seem to make it sound like a gremlin.[/quote']

i pretty much agree with these points although "terrible" is a bit harsh i thought. overall the song sounds good tough.

well done

I think that vocal effect is awesome but it may be a bit soft for the sound you guys carry. And to be fair i do miss Hogs wonderful singing of 'Neonfluxicide going through my BRAIN'.

The effect works well with the 'don't forget' bit.

I look forward to hearing the new recordings as Jamesy is fucking awesome and will bring a lot to this band.

Good, the guitar and drums and bass all sound quite low compared to the vocals.. Not a fan of the growling vocal at all, I know thats what its all about with E106- I'm just glad you are finally getting some singing in there.. Can't put my finger on it but you should spend some time eq-ing this and re-mixing it to widen the sound and re-excite the drums- its just the Tom's sound I think.

I'm not critisicing though as this is a fantastic demonstration of how to make a maximised demo that really demonstrates the sound of the band.

p

I think that vocal effect is awesome but it may be a bit soft for the sound you guys carry. And to be fair i do miss Hogs wonderful singing of 'Neonfluxicide going through my BRAIN'.

'Brain' in the raar stylee is Tony joining with Hog's 'clean' vocal.

I look forward to hearing the new recordings as Jamesy is fucking awesome and will bring a lot to this band.

Cheers man! :up:

listen to it on every fuckin stereo u can get ur hands on, in the car, ipod, dvd player anywhere and try and find the right balance and take some notes. (if u havent got a gd memory allocation like me!)

Try doing vocals in different places in the shower for example and find a sweet place most shit is to do with the acoustics of the room giv but im babling shite now cuz its l8 and ears are still ringing still fuckin ringing from last night!!

p.s. points coming ur way hog! :up:

me n' the dez from S.O.M think thats the shit.

i had neonfluxicuxicide in my mp3 player, its getting replaced with that version.

eerie as a mother fucker and sounds hella good but bass drum could be louder in the mix (fuckin wa chris).

:up:

again. the shit.... keep it coming .

"coming to cinemars near you "

(edit, p.s, stuertmaxwill is gay)