The Ghost Of Fudge

LE RENO AMPS

BLITZHONEY

FIVE FINGER DISCOUNT

MOORINGS

sat 11 march

3, 9pm

LE RENO AMPS (review of Tuts gig)

"First up were Glasgow band Le Reno Amps, a refreshing and lively blend of country-fied (thats a word!) Alternative/Indie music. Opening song 1969; with Rock n Roll riffs borrowing from the Kinks hit All Day & All Of The Night; provided a bouncy start to their 10 track set. Its quickly apparent that Le Reno Amps offer something a little different from the norm and its bloody good too!

Sometimes electric, sometimes acoustic, but always involving very strong vocal harmonies. Lyrical content plays a big part in Al Nero and Scott Maples musical partnership too, with tongue in cheek lines such as Why did god make you so beautiful, Whyd he make me so ugly? and Am on a train I got ma destination, No holdin back, Dont need no lubrication! demonstrating their ability not to take themselves too seriously. A heavily exaggerated mock Texan drawl sometimes makes an appearance too and some songs owe more than a little inspiration from the late great Johnny Cash which adds to the entertainment value of a set that never involves a dull moment.

Further entertainment was provided by a tall dude in the crowd dancing like a maniac, like no one else was watching, intoxicated by the music this dynamic duo produced. Scott raised more than a few laughs too, as he introduced two extra band members, joking, There are two more of us tonight yeah, me and Al dont normally play!

Hilarity aside, every song stood out in its own right, 2nd Look was instantly recognisable from their MySpace page, while New song How You Did Me Wrong received a very warm response from the crowd considering this was the first time it had never been played. And Loosen Up (for the Hazey Janes) provided a beefier rock offering from their usual arsenal. A diverse range of musical styles was present in their music ranging from country-rock, indie, alt-country, even the odd song with the swinging rhythm of an old American oompa band! Finally their set came to a close with the pop-punk explosion that is Wound Up with frantic drumming and a very cool acoustic break proving further the diversity of Le Reno Amps a surprise round every corner!"

want further details on all three bands? check out: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33030