aberdeen-music

So...Oscars

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

I see nobody has yet mentioned them, so I'll break the ice.

I think this year was a good year for movies, and the Oscar nominations and winners reflect this.

Discuss.

stayed up and watched them with my mum as is tradition. disappointed that george clooney won supporting actor. pretty pleased with the rest of the results, except for best animated feature because i fail to see the appeal of wallace and gromit and thought miyazake deserved it because he's an animation genius.

feels like the ceremony is losing it's magic more and more each year as they try and keep to time. jon stewart was a shit choice for host.

Guest tv tanned

I didn't actually watch it. I hear Jon Stewart's jokes fell flat mostly.

I plan on seeing Syriana, but Clooney's been getting rave reviews for his performance in it.

Was surprised Brokeback didn't win a few more Oscars, but then the competition has been pretty good this year.

Was glad Reese Witherspoon won Best Actress. She was just amazing in Walk The Line.

Guest DustyDeviada

Couldn't be bothered staying up, both Crash and Brokeback were good, but I would say Brokeback was the better film.

Unusual for a film that's been out for ages to win Best Picture as well.

Saw some clips on the news, I really wish some of the losers would look pissed off, like Samuel L Jackson did with Pulp Fiction.

Loved it when people mentioned Clooney in their speech and when the cameras cut to him he always had and expression ready.

The rappers who one the best song award were so funny when they accepted the award.

The Sky bits were shit, why have mariella frostrup and that plonker from heat that kept gushing over brokeback mountain?

Guest DustyDeviada
Can someone please explain the appeal of brokeback mountain to me....?

I have never in my life seen such boring twaddle in my life....or did I miss something?

Just a great, moving love story, beautifully shot and wonderfully acted, by Heath Ledger in particular.

But as a wise man once said, "It takes's different strokes to rule the world."

Just a great' date=' moving love story, beautifully shot and wonderfully acted, by Heath Ledger in particular.

But as a wise man once said, "It takes's different strokes to rule the world."[/quote']

I just got the feeling that the Americans made far too much of the subject matter.....ohhh controversial.... i'll agree the filming and scenery was great but the mumbled drawl really pissed me off, I guess I just look for more in the way of escapism from a film. :popcorn:

Guest bluesxman
It's a crime that Dig wasn't even nominated for best documentary.

I urge anyone who likes Brian Jonestown Massacre to add them on My Space for at least 5 daily messages from Anton ranting about the state of the nation and occasionally getting into arguments with random people, it's very entertaining.

Guest DustyDeviada
I just got the feeling that the Americans made far too much of the subject matter.....ohhh controversial.... i'll agree the filming and scenery was great but the mumbled drawl really pissed me off' date=' I guess I just look for more in the way of escapism from a film. :popcorn:[/quote']

Can't say I was bothered about what the Americans thought of the film. Mumbling drawl or no I thought Heath Ledger's performance was one of the best I have ever seen, one of the few times that I've forgotton I was watching an actor and actually believed what i was seeing.

Gyllenhall wasn't so good though, probably because he looked about 12 the whole film.