aberdeen-music

I Got My amp home today....

Guest Jeid

Originally posted by Tav

Put the head on the larger cab and move the purple cab onto a chair or something...looks like the wierdest stack ever at the moment....still...purple and cool.

Since the wheels fit into the wheel wells on the bottom cab, where's the problem. Moving it onto a chair would give you more phasing problems. It's fine as it is.

Originally posted by soundian

Since the wheels fit into the wheel wells on the bottom cab, where's the problem. Moving it onto a chair would give you more phasing problems. It's fine as it is.

damn right

plus. i'm only using my 2x12" just now because i'm not sure if i like the 4x12" anymore

i don't think i like it when its loud either

Originally posted by JEID Mk2

i meant the tone from the speakers

If your amp doesn't sound better when it's cranked there's something wrong with it.

One - it's a valve amp => getting the power tubes working will make it sound better. This is fact.

Two - The speakers - When they're moving around more (at a higher volume) they begin to interact with the amp tone and colour the sound slightly, normally in a good way. Maybe they're broke.

Keep it up loud (like above 4 if it's a 50W or 6 if 100W) and then re-EQ it as it's different from your bedroom volume level EQ.

Plus on an a whole rock'n'roll attitude thing, work with me here!

Originally posted by craig deadenstereo

If your amp doesn't sound better when it's cranked there's something wrong with it.

One - it's a valve amp => getting the power tubes working will make it sound better. This is fact.

Two - The speakers - When they're moving around more (at a higher volume) they begin to interact with the amp tone and colour the sound slightly, normally in a good way. Maybe they're broke.

Keep it up loud (like above 4 if it's a 50W or 6 if 100W) and then re-EQ it as it's different from your bedroom volume level EQ.

Plus on an a whole rock'n'roll attitude thing, work with me here!

ok, i know my shit when it comes to amps.

Its just the 2x12 has more modern sounding speakers (g12-75T's) whereas the 4x12 has 65watt Celestions. Its a cool cab n stuff and i ain't complaining cos it only cost me 150... but i prefer the modern speakers.

its a 25/50/100 watt head :)

the G12-75T's are the speakers fitted to "most" modern marshall cabs. they usually come in all of the valve combo's unless stated otherwise. and the standard cabs are usually fitted with them

they are just a modern middle of the road, good, high output speaker.

check out most of your cd's and you'll probably hear them

the celestions are now 18years old, but they give a more rounded sound for rock n'roll.

Its not really suited to modern rock music :)

• 2 weeks later...