aberdeen-music

New Songs On Myspace

WoodyRATM

But they sound ok anyway :)

x

no they all sound shite,it's not just the sound quality it is the piss poor playing,wait a year or so and listen to them again,I'm sure you will be very embarassed,I listened twice as I thought it was a joke ho ho ho,bet you will be a good live band,just rehearse or I will heckle you.I hate wasting time watching sub standard bands that belong in rehearsal instead of using a stage that could be put to better use.

no they all sound shite' date='it's not just the sound quality it is the piss poor playing,wait a year or so and listen to them again,I'm sure you will be very embarassed,I listened twice as I thought it was a joke ho ho ho,bet you will be a good live band,just rehearse or I will heckle you.I hate wasting time watching sub standard bands that belong in rehearsal instead of using a stage that could be put to better use.[/quote']

hmm cheers for your honesty. . . .but we have done like 3 gigs now and have packed the places out each time. I'll admit there was fuck ups in it . .it was our 1st ever time recording anything at all, and the 1st ever time trying to play the songs with no vocals.

From some of the other stuff ive heard, we sound ok (to myself and alot of other people too)

but hey your opinion is your own. . .

hmm cheers for your honesty. . . .but we have done like 3 gigs now and have packed the places out each time. I'll admit there was fuck ups in it . .it was our 1st ever time recording anything at all' date=' and the 1st ever time trying to play the songs with no vocals.

From some of the other stuff ive heard, we sound ok (to myself and alot of other people too)

but hey your opinion is your own. . .[/quote']

Mate, instead of trying to justify the bad recordings or make excuses, would it not be a better idea just to concentrate your efforts into getting some quality tracks down? Perhaps it was your first time recording, but from what you say in your post it was not your first time playing these tracks, so if you are as good as you say you are then I should be able to click on your tracks and hear that - but the quality is so poor it's impossible to make out whether or not your music is any good! Defending your music is the easy bit if you are putting 100% in, but having to defend a bad recording is just pointless..........why work against yourself?

Anyhoo, it's obvious you guys are as keen as mustard to get your music out there and be heard and that's cool. So keep on with it and use the comments on this thread as motivation to get your tracks sorted out x

I remember coming off stage when i was in some awful band that was kidding itself, everyone would pat you on the back and tell you how cool you were...

In the studio you realise that you havent put the work in and are so far away from where you dream you could be.

Its like when you were young you'd hand in a really bad essay somehow believing that it was actually going to pass as fukin amazing.. Dont close your eyes and hope that somehow the material will rise to the occassion if you have the attitude..

Also you cannot blame the 'patching' or pretend that because this is pre-mix you are excused, if you aren't profficient in the studio you still have ears and can still say, 'no thats not right we need another take' etc.. You, not the guy behind the desk, have responsiblity for how it ends up. There are thing in here as well that are never going to be caught in any amount of mixing...

On the track 10 towers high for example-

45 seconds in the bassist starts playing something else for f's sake! Listen --its hilarious!

at 1.50 there is a guitar solo that is i think meant to be angular, but maybe you wanna learn a few scales or something.

Basically i think you need to records your parts one at a time, start with the drum tracks, the rest of you play along to help with timing.. Then bass, guitars and vocals- even overdubs where you need to thicken the sound or repair a dodgy section..

Music is for the ear of the listener and you should never release a poor sound or you will give a clear sign of intention.. I dont mean the quality of the recording as much as the feel of it, something can be rough yet capture the feel and energy... Next time, that is what you must listen for and painstakingly try and capture, some of the most spontaneous recordings are actually the product of endless boring hours of pain!

These are just my thoughts.. and you are obviously enthusiastic and driven.. Spare yourself a beating on the forums and get back in the studio!

All the best

P

:gringo:

I remember coming off stage when i was in some awful band that was kidding itself' date=' everyone would pat you on the back and tell you how cool you were...

In the studio you realise that you havent put the work in and are so far away from where you dream you could be.

Its like when you were young you'd hand in a really bad essay somehow believing that it was actually going to pass as fukin amazing.. Dont close your eyes and hope that somehow the material will rise to the occassion if you have the attitude..

Also you cannot blame the 'patching' or pretend that because this is pre-mix you are excused, if you aren't profficient in the studio you still have ears and can still say, 'no thats not right we need another take' etc.. You, not the guy behind the desk, have responsiblity for how it ends up. There are thing in here as well that are never going to be caught in any amount of mixing...

On the track 10 towers high for example-

45 seconds in the bassist starts playing something else for f's sake! Listen --its hilarious!

at 1.50 there is a guitar solo that is i think meant to be angular, but maybe you wanna learn a few scales or something.

Basically i think you need to records your parts one at a time, start with the drum tracks, the rest of you play along to help with timing.. Then bass, guitars and vocals- even overdubs where you need to thicken the sound or repair a dodgy section..

Music is for the ear of the listener and you should never release a poor sound or you will give a clear sign of intention.. I dont mean the quality of the recording as much as the feel of it, something can be rough yet capture the feel and energy... Next time, that is what you must listen for and painstakingly try and capture, some of the most spontaneous recordings are actually the product of endless boring hours of pain!

These are just my thoughts.. and you are obviously enthusiastic and driven.. Spare yourself a beating on the forums and get back in the studio!

All the best

P

:gringo:[/quote']

cheers for the advice. . i must apologise for that bass part. . .that was the vocal trouble i mentioned earlyier. Just didnt have enough time to do it again :(

i cant mention anything about the solo, since i know fuck all what the guitarist was goin for.

also me (personally) wanted to do it track by track. but we couldnt get the time and the money for it. so we attempted a live feel.

i cant remember people coming up to me and sayin anythin, minus our 1st gig. but then again i was really ill and cant even remember the set. .

but if you fancy hearing what we actually sound like (without presure of recording etc) . . come to drummonds on the 26th. We're playing with a few other bands.

cheers again for the advice. .