aberdeen-music

NOFX and Pennywise

Leckie Gilman

Guest highroller

NOFX i can take or leave...the new one is ok...but i love the deec.

the new Pennywise is a great album....whoever says they dont progress is fucking clown shoes!!

Yeah the new Pennywise album is like sex in a bottle. It's nuts!

Ah yes. NOFX. One of my very favourite bands. The Deec is indeed a masterpiece of modern day punk. It contains everything you could ever want in a punk rock "song" and more. I say "song" because it's more like an eighteen minute long story to a tune. Amazing sums up The Deec. All the other NOFX albums are awesome as well though. The new album rocks, as well as older favourites like Ribbed and White Trash Two Heebs And A Bean. All in all, 40 year old punk rock geniuses. :up:

Guest Scott 5FD

NOFX were the band that got me into 'proper' punk rock and are one of my favourite bands. i like Fat Mike's bass playing style, and El Hefe has to be one of the coolest cats in rock.

Pennywise are fucking awesome aswell. Fletcher is a bad ass on guitar, and they have the don't give a fuck attitude. rock.

but more importantly is this thread sucessful in its purpose?

i mean it got moved from the wasteland.

and why isn't it in the gigs and events one because it DID advertise a gilman show in it. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm quite a dilemma there you guys. what forum should this be in?

there isn't a crazy category for ranndom stuff AND adverts AND music.

pennywise were one of best bands i ever seen and def one of my all time punk faves, the new albu, does have some really good stuff on it, however i wouldnt say its the best.

NOFX i also love but are not too interested bout their new stuff. The Decline is a piece of genius

April 3rd shall really kick ass!

Leckie you legend for looking like him! I used to be really into NOFX and Pennywise but my music taste has moved on from what I <although I know other people don't> see as the simiplicites of that genre. However, I still occasionally listen to both bands and think they are both great at what they do. Pennywise always win out between the too for me, their harder sound really works. Oh and they featured on Hoax II, anyone who made it onto that vid = legends.

Originally posted by pop-notmyface:

has anyone ever noticed that trend?

like NOFX and Rancid but these days it tends to be more like NOFX and Pennywise?

no i'd just rather listen to pennywise than rancid because apart from the "hardcore" album rancid5, i think rancid are not that great whereas pennywise kick butt on all counts.