aberdeen-music

I've Heard the Driveblind album...

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

...and it's good!

After I got over the initial wierdness of hearing songs that I was used to hearing in places like Drummonds and The Lemon Tree in a "proper" recording that cost hundreds of thousands of pounds, I really got into it.

Good points: Lots of strong songs, the second song, I think it's called Leaving Home, sounds like a hit to me. The Fool Rides Again sounds awesome, just amazing. Quite a few other contenders for singles. The overall production is superb.

Downsides: A couple of the songs sound a bit like Travis (mid-tempo, acoustic guitar, electric guitar arpeggios, piano) which probably isn't a good thing. There's a track, I think called Light Sleeper, which is a ballad with strings on it which I didn't like at all at first, but it grew on me the second time I heard it so who knows.

I think it's released in the next couple of months. It should do pretty well in the states and hopefully over here too.

• 5 months later...
Guest DustyDeviada
is it just me' date=' or do I get the strange feeling that Lost's "Driveshaft" story could be a spooky mirror on life?...[/quote']

Driveshaft had at least one huge international hit, it remains to be seen if Driveblind will do so. ;)

But I hope they do, good news about the album, although not a great time of the year to try to break a new band, all the heavyweights and best-ofs will be competing for the lucrative Christmas market.

• 1 month later...