aberdeen-music

I wish the alkaline trio were still good

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest pop-notmyface
Is this going to turn into a "you're opinion is incorrect because I have a different opinion" kind of arguement?

oh no' date=' it's more of a "your opinion is incorrect because i have a better opinion" - and that's a fact :']

Guest Tam o' Shantie
They were always shite apart from that "hit" they had a few years ago' date=' the "right place at the right time" one. Even then it's only really any good because the start sounds a lot like Listen to What You've Got by Idlewild.[/quote']

What the fuck. Shut up. Whichever song you're talking about, was not released in the first 75% of this band's active career. You plainly know nothing about their output, so your input in this thread is utterly irrelevant. Have you listened to a single song of theres from the first 3 albums IE from 1996 onwards, you cunt? Don't jump on this fucking thread and give your misinformed, worthless opinion based on the snippets you've read about them in NME while trying to find posters of Interpol to jerk off over.

Guest pop-notmyface
And another thing! Why the hell has nobody mentioned the "Alkaline Trio" album?! It's amazing!

because it was just the "singles record" and didn't actually have that many new songs on it?

i think most singles/best of collection are pretty void if one is a die-hard fan anyway because you'll be more likely to have every released song anyway.

From 'Good Mourning'- 'This could be Love'..

"I touched myself had thoughts of flames

I shat the bed and laid there in it

Thinking of you wide awake for days."

I find this disturbing, and also, I don't like 'Good Mourning' much at all. :down:

Alkaline Trio are meant to be disturbing though. Check out some of their other lyrics...

Yeah, it's just the idea of well, shitting the bed and laying in it.. Seems worse than anything else I can recall just now.

Guest pop-notmyface
Yeah' date=' it's just the idea of well, shitting the bed and laying in it.. Seems worse than anything else I can recall just now.[/quote']

how about diving in a pool of shit?

Guest pop-notmyface
Well' date=' that'd depend. If they got STRAIGHT out afterwards it might not be as bad as laying in it for days.. ?([/quote']

i guess it depends from what point you're looking at. either way you'll be sitting or swimming in dookie.

note: Matt Skiba may not actually have been lying in bed beside/in his own faeces for days and touching himself ;)

i guess it depends from what point you're looking at. either way you'll be sitting or swimming in dookie.

note: Matt Skiba may not actually have been lying in bed beside/in his own faeces for days and touching himself ;)

Point taken. I plan to do neither sit nor swim in 'dookie' and I really hope he didn't do it either ;)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

let's face it, that's a totally gash lyric. it's not as disturbing as the cattle screaming, or the newborn babies cracking from work related stress, or a lonely liver suspended in liquid, or a dog shitting razorblades.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
because it was just the "singles record" and didn't actually have that many new songs on it?

i think most singles/best of collection are pretty void if one is a die-hard fan anyway because you'll be more likely to have every released song anyway.

yeah but none of those singles are available these days. i'm pretty sure they had all sold out before the first album was even available. being that i didn't get into the alkaline trio until the release of maybe i'll catch fire, the singles album was effectively a 'new' album, and as far as their remaining discography is concerned, the only way to find those songs still in print.

Guest pop-notmyface
let's face it' date=' that's a totally gash lyric. it's not as disturbing as the cattle screaming, or the newborn babies cracking from work related stress, or a lonely liver suspended in liquid, or a dog shitting razorblades.[/quote']

that reminds me of some cool off-album tracks floating around on the net, like acoustic versions of Radio, My Friend Peter, Bleeder and Radio with Chris Conley of Saves The Day.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Agreed.

If I mention "For Your Lungs Only" would it make me win at Trio elitism?:rolleyes:

no, because you actually think their last few albums are credible. and you probably listen to my chemical romance. and you probably bought the blink 182 'best of' album

Guest Tam o' Shantie
that reminds me of some cool off-album tracks floating around on the net' date=' like acoustic versions of Radio, My Friend Peter, Bleeder and Radio with Chris Conley of Saves The Day.[/quote']

studio or live? sounds interesting