What Gear do You Use?

Guest phoenix_down

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Electric Tibet

guitars

1980s G&L ASAT special, Fenix Strat copy with Seymour Duncan p/ups, completely fucked Fender Jap 60s strat

pedals

MXR Dynacomp RI> Reverend Drivetrain OD> Proco RAT2> Crowther Audio Hotcake OD> Fender PT-10 tuner> Danelectro Tunamelt Tremolo> Danelectro Fish n' chips EQ> Ibanez DDL digital delay (long delay/looping + wet/dry output split)

amps

wet out - Boss DD-3 delay (on loan from monkrocker)> Tech 21 Trademark 60 1X12 (w/ channel switch to toggle reverb on/off)

Dry out - Burman 502 50W head>Marshall 1936 2X12 (set to mono)

Both amps run simulataneously. When I set the DDL for looping, the loop plays through the Tech 21 and I can continue playing through the Burman.

I've been experimenting with using a DI box to split the signal before the delay pedals. One output goes in the delays as usual, the other goes into the B input of an A/B-Y box (A is from my guitar and Y goes into the first pedal in the chain). With this, I can create a feedback loop through the pedals just by triggering the switch where before I would have to unplug my guitar and put the lead into the 2nd output of the Ibanez delay. I get some problems with earth hum doing it this way, but I'm lazy enough to try it onstage sometime.

All I need now is an analogue delay and a Z-Vex Fuzz Probe. I love G.A.S. You don't want to sell me your DM-3 do you Tav?

Guest Electric Tibet

The max time is 1.8 seconds.

I think it can be even longer if you tweak an internal control pot but the sample rate goes down.

The thought of you playing with yourself in public excites me.

MAXIMUM SIMPSON

Originally posted by Electric Tibet:

You don't want to sell me your DM-3 do you Tav?

If I had one then I might consider it. Like I said in my post that's what my set-up should be like. I am on the look out for that pedal myself as he mighty Stone Gossard uses it. Nice choice with the G&L btw.

Guest DustyDeviada
Originally posted by Tav:

Guitars:

1971/2 Gibson SG Pro w/ Mini Humbuckers, Bigsby Style Tremolo

That sounds like an ace guitar. Let's see some pics!