aberdeen-music

Question - Violence

Guest MerryChristmas

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread makes me want to puke.....

Its ok for kids to think its ok to hit girls, in fact because girls mature quicker than boys its not uncommon for them to be physically larger and stronger.

But you guys must realise that after puberty (you'll get there soon kids) males develop into big hunter gatherers who with little effort can hurt girls quite easily, its only the pricks who dont know this that become wife beaters.

Be warned, I'm one of these old fasioned guys who whenever I see some bloke take a shot at a girl I dont ask questions, I react with extreme violence......

it's all about context i guess. no one can say that one form of action is wholly unacceptable in all circumstances. i've been attacked by men and not fought back because i don't like violence and i'm sure i'd be the same with women but there's a limit to what you can take i'd imagine. if you can't walk away and you can't restrain the attacker or reason with them then perhaps a strike is the only way to stop it, but i don't believe violence is acceptable in any circumstances from either sex. we're capable of so much more than beating each other up.

I don't believe in fighting. If a woman hits a man, once, then the man should just walk away, there isn't any need to start a fight over one punch. (the same should be said about a man hitting a man once.)

But, if the woman is trying to beat the crap out of the man, then yes, the man should by all means hit her back. He shouldn't beat the crap out of her, no no, hitting her once and restraining her should surfice. Everyone has the right to defend themselves, but that's where it stops. Once the person who started the fight has been restrained/restrained themself, there isn't any need for violence.

I don't think there should be different rules for men and woman, but i think people are always more shocked when a man hits a woman because generally most women are smaller than men, and therefore considered weaker, and fragile.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
No this hasnt actually hapenned i was just wondering because i saw a guy punch a girl last night after she had been lawing into him for a good few minutes. She had been punching him' date=' kicking him, walloping him with her handbag and the guy was bleeding quite badly from the head then when she went to punch for about the 12th time he just smacked her right in the mouth and she started to cry saying "i cant believe you fucking did that"

I think its perfectly acceptable in that situation unless you can restrain them and call the police.[/quote']

In that situation, I would have done exactly the same as he did. Sounds like it was well-deserved.

with regards to men easily being able to avoid/restrain women, what a load of shit. i know of a few guys who are regularly beaten up by their girlfriends. we are all different shapes and sizes and some small seemingly weak people are amazingly strong.

i was the victim of an ugly assault at a party in tilly when i was about fifteen. i was sitting in a chair a bit worse for wear when this little tiny skanky psycho came in screaming, scratching, kicking, punching the shit out of me. i couldn't do nothing for the shock. i was a right mess. turns out she thought i was someone else and was terribly sorry. she bought me a present to say sorry, so it wasn't all bad:gringo:

Guest pop-notmyface
until it breaks(accidentally)

hahaha

no' date=' really?

if JaseyBois opinion is to be taken seriously, then i don't think we should tolerate husbandbeaters.

[b']stop the violence and discrimination against men!!!

No its not.... if you cant control you're violent instincts then go and buy a burberry hat you animal.

Well wether its guys or girls in this day and age the gender of the person should be irrelavant.

The fact is the guy was getting the crap beaten out of him and saw the only way to escape was to retaliate.

I'm sure if this thread was about a guy punching into another guy most of you would say oh he should have hit him back.

Guest pop-notmyface
I'm sure if this thread was about a guy punching into another guy most of you would say oh he should have hit him back.

i would say if a girl punched into me i would definetly retaliate. no-one should suffer that kind of abuse - no offence, ladies ;)

no-one should suffer that kind of abuse

True.

Even if its a woman on woman if one of them was getting beatin up am sure you would want the battle atleast to be even. Those who choose to attack those of there own kids do it mainly because they can being stronger and thier victim his very little chance.

Guest pop-notmyface
True.

Even if its a woman on woman if one of them was getting beatin up am sure you would want the battle atleast to be even. Those who choose to attack those of there own kids do it mainly because they can being stronger and thier victim his very little chance.

i think "eveness" is a matter of mental perception and judgement.

i don't even think i could defend myself if a girl or woman attacked me. then again, i rarely get into situations like that...

How can it be acceptable to punch a woman square in the face simply because she's punching you? It's not exactly hard to block punches from someone that's likely to be physically weaker. One punch could do a lot of damage' date=' even if you only intend to stop her.

The only time a punch would be justifiable would be in a matter of life or death, and the situation isn't that.[/quote']

Physically weaker? Some of the hardest punches and kicks I've recieved have been from the so called weaker sex. You are taking the moral high ground with this, but it seems very mis-guided.

I have in the past had to defend myself against a female attacker, and yes I hit back. Why should any guy take a hidimg just because it is being dished out by a woman? Do you still see it as a woman's place is in the kitchen? If a woman starts a fight, she should be prepared to be on the recieving end of retaliation.

:popcorn:

Guest pop-notmyface
Physically weaker? Some of the hardest punches and kicks I've recieved have been from the so called weaker sex. You are taking the moral high ground with this' date=' but it seems very mis-guided.

I have in the past had to defend myself against a female attacker, and yes I hit back. Why should any guy take a hidimg just because it is being dished out by a woman? Do you still see it as a woman's place is in the kitchen? If a woman starts a fight, she should be prepared to be prepared for retaliation.

:popcorn:[/quote']

i totally agree. even if a guy in a wheelchair or with glasses attacks you, one should always defend their ground.

Hmm, I'd say it would be fair to hit someone- anyone- back but society says I can't so I'll play ball. What we're talking about is society here not individual opinions. No one is entitled to believe in hitting women in our society because there is still so much male oppression. Anyway, I'm too weak to inflict any pain so I'd say I'm not entitled to involvement in this little debate.

Anyway' date=' I'm too weak to inflict any pain so I'd say I'm not entitled to involvement in this little debate.[/quote']

Well nither am I the initial topic of the conversation was "some guy" attacked a woman who was laying into him and broke her hand.

Guest pop-notmyface
Why are we debating this anyway? It seems pretty clear from the offset that some people will agree' date=' the majority will disagree and then some won't care (me). I would make a terrible politician.[/quote']

i'd vote for you. maybe.