aberdeen-music

Bus strike

Hog

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

I shell out 48 a month for their' date=' "service" I pay for a, "service" which isn't provided as advertised. To be honest I don't expect the drivers to say hello and goodbye (If I were them I couldn't be bothered) but I also don't expect them to stop halfway through a route (do you see train drivers stopping trains in the middle of nowhere? Pilots stopping planes mid-air? Funnily enough no.) I can't get a lift to work and taking a taxi would cost me approx 24 per day - 120 per week - which is something I simply cannot afford to do. There is no internal train service in aberdeen and thus bus is my only option (the walk is 4.5 miles and when I go to work and leave work just now it is pitch black and I wouldn't consider it safe for me to walk).

Yesterday I has another fun evening with the number 1 service (which from my experience is the worst) I had left my work at the normal time and was sprinting down the road I arrived at the bus stop approx 3 minutes before the bus was due to leave. The bus was stationary at the stop and the door was closed everyone else was on I waved at the driver to let me on and he just looked at me. The bus then sat there for another good minute before he managed to pull away into traffic he never let me on.

That is something I don't expect, fair enough if I was late but I was early! Utter prick.

I then had to wait a wonderful 20 minutes for the next bus. Joys.[/quote']

What a prick!!. You should call up and complain. No doubt you'll be met with a shitty explanation of " the bus must have been full" or something equally as unprovable.

yet they want paid more for providing a good service. Like i said before, if they do a good job they should be rewarded but most of them are arseholes and if they were nicer or the service was better, then more people would use the busses and the profits would go up and then they'd probably get paid more.

it's a catch 22 (pun intended) situation! :D

It's about time someone set up a rival bus company in Aberdeen. I resent paying almost a quid to go the length of Union Street. (And yet I can go all the way to the airport for 1.40!)

If the drivers have pay issues then yes, go on strike. But remember, you don't get paid for the days you don't work and it's coming up to Christmas.

Personally I've never had a real problem with a bus driver except maybe Gus who buys me too many Jagermeisters on his weeks off and gets me shit-faced!