aberdeen-music

Sawers? Sawyers?

I've seen Amy a few times, never seen Katherine, although I've heard very good things about her, a lot of people really rate Amy as well. I have to admit I tend to find Amy's stuff a bit run of the mill, she plays with her band or acoustically, but it's very possible i'm just missing something, as a lot of people like her and she's very popular, it's kind of angsty rock, or that's how it sounds to me.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell

seen both before

kathryn supported the delgados at the melon tree for go north, from what i remember it was haunting piano melodies and i wasnt a big fan of her voice, i vaguely remember her sounding like she was dying, but i could be wrong

i have seen amy with her band before, it was ok, nothing really inspiring verging on "angsty" but not pulling it off, kinda in the way avril lavigne does, the tunes are ok but doesnt jump out at me, i can see why people like her

one of her tracks is on the fat hippy website

Originally posted by stuartmaxwell:

kathryn supported the delgados at the melon tree for go north, from what i remember it was haunting piano melodies and i wasnt a big fan of her voice, i vaguely remember her sounding like she was dying, but i could be wrong

aye, thats sounds about right. remember wishing the delgados were on most of the way through her set.

Kathryn is playing this Sunday night

I'm sorry to say that some of the juvenile comments about the Kathryn Sawers should be ingnored. This probably comes from the same people who go to gigs and talk all the way through them & can't possibly judge. "Her music beautifully complemented the darker side of The Delgados" quote Emma Pollok.

Kathryn Sawers is a remakable talent, her music ain't easy, but challenges the listener, beware her stare.............

Come & see this outstanding line up @ Dr Drakes this Sunday night & make your own mind up, u won't be disappointed

Craig B of Aereogramme solo & acoustic for the 1st time in Aberdeen

Kathryn Sawers solo & piano

Deadloss Superstar acoustic & settee

Doors 8pm

Guest stuartmaxwell

Re: Kathryn is playing this Sunday night

Originally posted by chilli:

I'm sorry to say that some of the juvenile comments about the Kathryn Sawers should be ingnored.

but thats what i thought it sounded like, how on earth can you call it juvenile?

if someone is dying they wial/warble

katheryn sawyers vocal was very similar to a wail

:angel: :angel:

and the general assumption about talking through shows etc etc. talk about "cannot possibly judge"?you do not know me so please dont tar me with the same brush