aberdeen-music

Same Sex Marriages

Guest *alex*

Guest tv tanned
The church doesn't govern annulments and divorces' date=' that's my point. The law does, and we don't have the same law as the US. It is because of the US's, specifically some states', much more relaxed laws on marriage/annulments etc, that people like Britney Spears can get drunk, get marriaged and then if they so wish get an annulment with relative ease. That is not the case in this country, which where the Civil Partnership laws in question exist. The British government does not legislate for the USA. You should also be more specific then "christian marriage" if you wish to make a comparison, because different denominations have quite different rules.[/quote']

Yes I was aware of all that, thanks for taking the time to insult my intelligence though.

I could pick on numerous examples of short-term marriages in the UK as well if you really want to be an anal-retentive about it, but the Britney one was nearest to hand.

Regardless of whether annulment existed or otherwise, the fact she for hitched for a laugh is damning enough, and hee-haw to do with the US legal system.

Yes I was aware of all that' date=' thanks for taking the time to insult my intelligence though.

I could pick on numerous examples of short-term marriages in the UK as well if you really want to be an anal-retentive about it, but the Britney one was nearest to hand.

Regardless of whether annulment existed or otherwise, the fact she for hitched for a laugh is damning enough, and hee-haw to do with the US legal system.[/quote']

Damning enough on what? The whole concept of marriage? Hetrosexual marriage sepcifically? I don't think you explained yourself very well that's all. Please elaborate.