aberdeen-music

Report: STRATOVARIUS Guitarist Assaulted In Spain, Treated For Stab Wounds - Mar. 1,

Mouse

"STRATOVARIUS guitarist Timo Tolkki was assaulted in the center of Granada, Spain on Sunday (Feb. 29) as he was taking a walk, Finland's Sonera Plaza is reporting. According to STRATOVARIUS keyboardist Jens Johansson, who witnessed the attack, the alleged attacker was extremely agitated and had "a Hispanic looking appearance". During the assault, the attacker shouted "Tolkki." He was armed with what seemed to be a box cutter.

Tolkki was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was admitted to emergency care. He had two stab wounds on his left arm and a facial contusion. His wounds were cleaned and bandaged and he was released from hospital care.

Anybody with any information about the attacker is being asked to contact the police.

Tolkki commented that he is "shocked and horrified" by what happened. "Apparently this guy had been stalking me. The bastard attacked me from behind," Tolkki said. "I can take anything, but that was such a cowardly act, you know. He got me with the knife twice and punched me in the face. Then he ran away. The whole thing lasted just seconds. Now I am thinking that this might be the end of my career. I do not want to end up like John Lennon. I don't know if I want to continue STRATOVARIUS anymore".

When asked if he thinks that the attack has something to do with the resent changes in STRATOVARIUS lineup and the death threats he has received, Tolkki commented: "Of course I feel there is a connection to that. Why would anybody attack me like that otherwise? What possible other motive this guy could have had than that? I think he tried to kill me, but this time I was lucky".

STRATOVARIUS performed on Saturday night as a headliner of Piorno Rock Festival in Granada, Spain."

Guest Scorge Spike

That's disgusting, but I fail to be surprised - Tolkki has been about as popular as a fart in a two man sub since the fallout in December. He'll probably drink himself to death before some fucker murders him now.

I think after the EB last year, I've seen them for the first, and last time. Bastard.

Guest Scorge Spike

Not quite - it just stemmed from fighting on tour - afterwards, Timo Kotipelto (vocals) and Jorge Michael (drums) both left in December, and Tolkki's been getting death threats with the frequency of spam and is also back on the medication. Miss K (whoever the fuck she is) has since assumed vocal duties, and the fans are up in arms.

The next album is mooted to be called 'Popkiller'. Which has also pissed lots of fans off.

In brief, it's a fucking big mess......

Guest Scorge Spike

Update on the Strat website:

Webmaster's info from Timo.

Timo Tolkki sent me an e-mail in which he stated that he is too shocked and depressed to publish any statement about the attack.

His wife and daughter have been deeply shocked about the stabbing. Timo wrote that he will probably issue a statement about the future of Stratovarius next week.

I think this could be the end. Barstand. :swearing: