aberdeen-music

That Warm Behringer Glowing Valve sound.....

threeornothing

Further proof that you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!!

Look at the nice warm glow on the 12AX7 dual triode vacuum tube......

ultragain-tube.jpg

Don't worry about ever having to change it, heres where the glow is really coming from!

tube-glow.jpg

A trio of LED's which ramp up in brightness after a few to simulate the look of the valve warming up :)

Don't know if the valve is even part of the circuit, but if they need to resort to a gimmick to make it appear to glow, it can't be getting cranked all that hard.

Funnily enough....companies like dbx have been doing this for years too....yet another idea they've nicked!

I'm away to rip the valves out my marshall and replace them with 30000 LED's!

Just in case you were about to buy one of these (like I already have) think twice if you're after a warm valve sound....

A mate of mine suggested that the LEDs could be used as a clipping stage, like in Marshall's JCM900 models.

As it happens 12ax7s don't tend to give off much of a glow so you'd have to be really stupid to fall for something like that.

LEDs consume very little power. Halogen bulbs are more usual for protection against clipping / over cooking. My guess is that the LEDS are purely there for 'asthetic purposes'. And as we all know asthetics is Behringers strong point. Lovely looking boxes.

I wasn't suggesting that they were being used to protect against clipping. JCM900s use LEDs to create clipping. I thought it was a possibility that it could be the same here.

Given the arrangement and lighting up nature of the LEDs(one after the other) I'd agree that it's most likely aesthetic.

It'd be interesting to hear what the amp sounds like.

its aesthetic, ecc83 valves dont really glow that much, so even when the valves are working away properly, some companys will still light them up a little to make it look better, not bad design or the valves being purely for marketing, but just boosting the image of the product

i still dont know how much effect the valves in the things like the marshall valvestates actually do though...

David