aberdeen-music

Cricket, last one..honest.

lepeep

Guest tv tanned

These plaintives that any international sporting animosity is purely Scottish-based was put to bed yesterday when I flicked over to here a huge chant of 'are you Scotland in disguise'.

Cricket is just a sport for the public schoolboys who were too thin to play rugger, what what.

These plaintives that any international sporting animosity is purely Scottish-based was put to bed yesterday when I flicked over to here a huge chant of 'are you Scotland in disguise'.

Cricket is just a sport for the public schoolboys who were too thin to play rugger' date=' what what.[/quote']

aye, because india, the west indies, australia etc all have their own little toffs playing the game, eh.

(flintoff, has a pint with the groundsman after games, Harmison, way aye! geordie lad, always loved a bit of latin in the morning, ye knah etc etc...)

that chant did kind annoy me but if you think about it it's fair enough. i mean scotland are absolutely dire as a cricket team so to chant that at england was meant as a wee joke about them losing. considering scottish players can be called up to play for england i think it's a bit silly to have a go at english cricket for being anti scottish.

cricket isn't just a middle class sport although it is a quintessentially english sport and more gentle than the likes of football etc and so i think that creates it's image of being for toffs. lets face it, it's just an excuse to hang around in the sun for a whole day drinking and chucking balls at each other and what's wrong with that?

yes' date=' remind me the link between the nations you mention...

*cough*British Imperialism*cough*

and it was said in jest, but don't let that get in the way[/quote']

I know it was in jest, hence me parping on about Harmison taking Latin...

hard to escape Englands past, as far as imperialism goes, eh...

remember, we've still got people who are moved to violence because of what the febs did 500 years ago to Scotland. but this aint the time or the place....is it?