aberdeen-music

Reel Big Fish + Skindred + The Matches @ Moshulu

Ross

Although came in half way through their set, thought the Matches were pretty good. Singer totally reminded me of 'The Warriors' for some reason.

Skindred were awesome. Havn't seen or heard them before, and totally weren't what i expected, but totally ace. Would have bought their album too if i had enough money on me.

I knew Reel Big Fish would be awesome, and they were. I still thought they would be kinda better though, seemed like they were missing something.... Like, everything was played perfectly, and it wasn't as if they had no energy, they just didn't seem to have that live atmosphere - if that makes sense. They were still totally ace, and it was a great gig, had a good time, just that it won't be one that'll be remembered over others as being so good in years to come.

Anyone got any photos they could send/post? Saw quite a lot of people with cameras and phones taking them.

Although came in half way through their set' date=' thought the Matches were pretty good. Singer totally reminded me of 'The Warriors' for some reason.

Skindred were awesome. Havn't seen or heard them before, and totally weren't what i expected, but totally ace. Would have bought their album too if i had enough money on me.

I knew Reel Big Fish would be awesome, and they were. I still thought they would be kinda better though, seemed like they were missing something.... Like, everything was played perfectly, and it wasn't as if they had no energy, they just didn't seem to have that live atmosphere - if that makes sense. They were still totally ace, and it was a great gig, had a good time, just that it won't be one that'll be remembered over others as being so good in years to come.

Anyone got any photos they could send/post? Saw quite a lot of people with cameras and phones taking them.[/quote']

I tired and failed to take photos with my phone. My brother did take a photo of me with aaron after the gig though :)

I tired and failed to take photos with my phone. My brother did take a photo of me with aaron after the gig though :)

I'm in the same boat as you. Although i got to speak to Aaron before the gig when he came down to the Bassment for food, where he tried and failed to buy my kilt for 'some pounds' as he put it, and also made me get question wrong on the quiz machine. cheers! :nono:

Great gig though, missed the matches unfortunately.

Skindred were immense though, listening to their album just now.

As for Reel Big Fish, well they were the fish we all know and love, i found a nice spot just at the edge of the pits and skanked like a madman. wahey.

Skanking is just so....ace.

When people who have no clue of the band they are going to see go to a ska-punk gig for the sake of it, and then mosh like an idiot its really poo.

Some random drunk went up to aaron and said "Oi why didn't you play monkey man? Its your best song" I replied "its by the specials *groan*" Aaron just looked at the floor. :p

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed.

After all that Skanking' date=' I really wanna go see Capdown, King Prawn and Link 80 again (are King Prawn still around?)[/quote']

ah capdown.....oh wait i am seeing them this wednesday oh yeah baby...and for those that don't know! capdown are playing in dundee, reading rooms on wednesday yup thats right this wednesday......at least 165 tickets sold so far....and that is the furthest north they are going so you know........ha i have my ticket so i will be there to see capdown can't wait!!!! i hope you all knew about this!!!

reel big fish.....awesome.......i crowd surfed so many times the best one was take on me when i got crowd surfed that was awesome!!!! but the first i crowd surfed my so called "mates" grabbed my shoe and threw it at reel big fish and that was like the first song into their set ...ha my shoe was on the same stage for rbf for the whole set how awesome....shame i had to skank with one shoe for the whole gig........but even then it still didn't effect my good ol' skanking performance :D - ah that was a good night