aberdeen-music

Studio 24 in Edinburgh to close down :-(

Mordred

Studio 24 in Edinburgh is being forced to close down in jan 2006 due to complaints about anti social behaviour, the Venue could be next!!!!!!! :swearing:

There is a full rundown of what is going on along with a petition to save the club Here

If you think why should i care about a venue in Edinburgh read the Scotsman article at the bottom of the Save studio24 link its very possible this could happen in Aberdeen too at some point.

It doesn't say.

There were posters up in the club on saturday saying please leave the club quietly and respect the residents.

But you get that at most clubs.

What is annoying me is both Venues have been in the area for years with no problems its only when people developed the area around it that this problem arose.

The people who bought the houses in the surrounding area would have known about the clubs and surely took that into consideration when they purchased them.

Like the Scotsman article says you dont move into the centre of a busy town and expect peace and quiet :swearing:

Guest lime ruined my life

maybe the anti social behaviour they refer to is the masses of people off their faces on drugs, the masses of under agers off their face on drugs, and the drunken idiots who scream and throw things when it finishes, at 5 AM.

maybe the anti social behaviour they refer to is the masses of people off their faces on drugs' date=' the masses of under agers off their face on drugs, and the drunken idiots who scream and throw things when it finishes, at 5 AM.[/quote']

Is that from personal experience?

The club infact closes at 3am but im not picking holes, the place seems a very good music venue and Napalm Death played there not that long ago so if it remained solely as a concert venue kicking out time would be 11pm.

The fact The Venue is just up the road and would be tarred with the same brush worries me.

I only go to Studio 24 on the rare visit to Edinburgh so i cant comment on trouble outside i haven't witnessed it, but if the Scotsman is defending the club then i cant see there being a huge level of problems outside.

Studio 24 is a dive anyway, it closing down wouldn't entirely be a bad thing if it was replaced with something better.

And the chances of survival if it remained as a concert venue only? I think you only need to look at the venues in Aberdeen to see that dedicated gig venues are very thin on the ground - apart from Drummonds (which has a great place for passing trade), everywhere else has other activities on.

Like i said if you dont experience it you dont know.

The Mission as thats the only club i go to at Studio 24 has always been very good' date=' it closing means there probably wont be another club like it close to the city centre :([/quote']

i said yes, i have experienced it. Many times.

Yes i got you the first time' date=' my reply was i hadn't experienced it so didn't know that it was happening and you pointed it out to me - im a bit disappointed that thats the case :([/quote']

aye well, if it's any consolation it's good fun to go to. Theres nothing quite like degrading yourself to the lowest common denominator. But i'm not surprised the new flats want rid of it. The bouncers will let ANYONE in, they never id people. There are people at mission and the othe nights that i'm sure must be under 16.

I'm more upset about the venue. that place was a bit more civilised, and got loads of great acts.

aye well' date=' if it's any consolation it's good fun to go to. Theres nothing quite like degrading yourself to the lowest common denominator. But i'm not surprised the new flats want rid of it. The bouncers will let ANYONE in, they never id people. There are people at mission and the othe nights that i'm sure must be under 16.

I'm more upset about the venue. that place was a bit more civilised, and got loads of great acts.[/quote']

They sent the three people packing for having no ID that were infront of me on saturday - the bouncers must have been bored!!!!!

Aye, I saw this when I was down in July. Quite enjoyed myself there but it does feel out of place around its surroundings. Before the gig we were in a well rough pub, being chatted up by an old man who wasn't too pleased by the noise Studio 24's visitors make. We left the pub pretty quick.

They sent the three people packing for having no ID that were infront of me on saturday - the bouncers must have been bored!!!!!

could have something to do with the imminent closure.

iv never seen it before in my life, some of the people in there literally look 14.