aberdeen-music

A request for feedback

less_than_stu

Hello :)

Over Easter, Buckley (that's my mate Calum) and I made these two tracks (and one other) over a two-day period in his room, using a mixture of equipment, instruments and computer software. We called the whole project Like Little Water Babies. We'd really like some feedback on the tracks from an unbiased cross-section of the populace, as we were going to just stick 'em on garageband.com and let the Americans tear them to pieces, but garageband doesn't allow sampling, and we refuse to have our creative whotsitmujigs compromised and all that. So... Have a listen if you're in the mood, and feel free to say what you think.

Cheers.

They're right here!

<edit: Ok, link should work now. It'll just take you to the site where they are located>

Ok, I fixed the link so that it just takes you to the part of my site where the files are situated. So now, you can download them, even if you DO have to make one extra mouse-click.

Larsen B, may I ask how you've heard these pieces of music? I'm impressed, 'cause I hadn't really posted them anywhere until yesterday (although they were of course on my website already)

Ok' date=' I fixed the link so that it just takes you to the part of my site where the files are situated. So now, you can download them, even if you DO have to make one extra mouse-click.

Larsen B, may I ask how you've heard these pieces of music? I'm impressed, 'cause I hadn't really posted them anywhere until yesterday (although they were of course on my website already)[/quote']

Signor Scott sent them to me.

Guest Lorenzo

Pretty enjoyable on the whole but thought the second track was a bit like a Moby re-mix and the third somewhat resembled a Lemonjelly track. That is no bad thing however, I saw Lemon Jelly at Benicassim in Spain a month ago and liked them. I was pretty wasted though. Wouldn't sound out of place on a chilled out night at Estaminet.

Moby and Lemon Jelly? Nice one. Obviously we don't want to sound too much like any existing artists, but we thought we were in danger of ripping off very different bands, so as long as everybody doesn't see the same influences, I'm happy.

It's funny, this is the second time I've been told my music sounds like Lemon Jelly, and I've only heard two of their songs... although having said that, you can tell just from that that they have a very distinctive sound.