aberdeen-music

Prince Of Wales...in receivership?

-matthEw-

Guest Laura@TMB
My understanding is that there are 3 or 4 floors above the bar which are at present unused and could be developed. Possibly in the same style as O'Neill's or another way.

I think that may be something which will come onto the horizon in the future.

I believe this to be the case also... a friend of an acquaintance of mine went to view the place whilst it was for sale. "Allegedly", the upper floors appeared to have some structural problems, refurbishment of which could take a large 6 figure sum to render the whole property as commercially useful. So always a possbility, and with the Bank on their side, it may even happen. Don't fancy their loan repayments though :help:

Here's hoping they don't fuck with the existing bar too much.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to love the place, hate it now. It was at one time the most easy going pub in Aberdeen, anyone could go in there, the mixture of people was great and the food was good too. But it seems to have become Chav Central, maybe because of the Belmont St plushing up taking away some of its business. Maybe it's just me but the amount of trouble there's been whenever I've been in there the last couple of years...feels grim and not in a fun Grill/Nepune kind of way.

Guest Laura@TMB
Used to love the place' date=' hate it now. It was at one time the most easy going pub in Aberdeen, anyone could go in there, the mixture of people was great and the food was good too. But it seems to have become Chav Central, maybe because of the Belmont St plushing up taking away some of its business. Maybe it's just me but the amount of trouble there's been whenever I've been in there the last couple of years...feels grim and not in a fun Grill/Nepune kind of way.[/quote']

Perhaps I should have said "Don't fuck with the existing bar layout/ fittings/ drink selection too much" then! Haven't been in the place for over 2 years, so can't really comment on the current clientele - I hear what you're saying though.

Guest tv tanned
I believe this to be the case also... a friend of an acquaintance of mine went to view the place whilst it was for sale. "Allegedly"' date=' the upper floors appeared to have some structural problems, refurbishment of which could take a large 6 figure sum to render the whole property as commercially useful. So always a possbility, and with the Bank on their side, it may even happen. Don't fancy their loan repayments though :help:[/quote']

That's ok, their dodgy dealings down Dundee way will help pay for things...

Guest MerryChristmas

Drakes is on the market for 150 to 180k or 12000 to 15000 p/a club together and make it the abz music meeting place where you can all go and stab each other in the faces hoho

Drakes is on the market for 150 to 180k or 12000 to 15000 p/a club together and make it the abz music meeting place where you can all go and stab each other in the faces hoho

They're wanting 15k a year. Couldn't be bothered to see if there was a possibility of getting it down to nearer the 12k mark, but either way, it's overpriced.

Even at 12K, that's still 250 a week on rent alone that you need to make...

Guest MerryChristmas
They're wanting 15k a year. Couldn't be bothered to see if there was a possibility of getting it down to nearer the 12k mark' date=' but either way, it's overpriced.

Even at 12K, that's still 250 a week on rent alone that you need to make...[/quote']

You could open it during the day - doing other things - let bands practive for say 10 per hour

also

something completely unrelated to music

You could open it during the day - doing other things - let bands practive for say 10 per hour

also

something completely unrelated to music

Not a bad idea, but what? What would make a decent amount of cash per hour in there to pay the costs of being open, yet be able to be removed quickly for bands at night?

The more you look into it, the harder it gets really.