aberdeen-music

Is aggression coupled with immaturity?

Emilio Largo

i think that is deffinately true.

i have a "mate" who is just like that.

really immature for his age especially considering he's been away from home for uni.

gets really agressive and may have ADHD.

And was being a complete arse last night, practically starting on us.

oh yeah, and we all think he's gay cos he's so homophobic, like on american beauty.

ok, rant over, anger released without violence or beating people up, proving the point.

i feel better now!

I think resoloving things with a tantrum shows a lack of experience and maturity. It tends to be due to the fact the person in question doesn't know how to handle the situation through lack of intelligence or experience.

But yes' date=' like supernanny... you'd be suprised how well people can behave when treated rationally.

Saying that, I tend to watch that programme with my bf and we end up muttering "I'd beat the shit out that child" or "If I ever have a child and it ends up like that... i'll shoot it".

Ho Hum.[/quote']

haha! i always say stuff like that too. like " that kid just needs a smack in the face"

Guest AmbientMood
I was just thinking about this after seeing something on TV' date=' when people are in a difficult situation they react with aggression (shouting, waving hands about), but the situation would be resolved if they calmed down and talked rationally about the issue at hand...

[/quote']

Wow you're like, so observant..

so you are saying you never get angry, wound up and feel the need to act aggresively? you strange, strange person.....

some people just have a short fuse, bad temper, whatever, everyones is different. I see where your coming from though, because it is much more logical and a helluva lot easier to resolve an argument and talk to someone when they are not going mental, and not listening to reason! But when your arguing it's easy to get wound up by things that are said, the way the're said etc.

There's no need for physical violence though...that doesnt really resolve the argument in most cases, and I would probably agree that using physical violence to solve an argument does show a lack of inteligence, a lack of ability to use words to express yourself and put your point across etc.

Not true - These attributes are completely unrelated.

Immaturity - Is how you conduct yourself socially, or not !

Aggression - Can be stipulated from anything, although I would admit that Immature ppl are more likely to be aggresive than mature, tho. it doesnt mean that this is always the case, I would say tantrums are more the likely outcome for immaturity. Where aggression is more for adults who cant conduct themselves.