aberdeen-music

The Island

Rachie

Anyone been to see this? (Apologies if there's already a thread on it, but if there is then it's off the main Wasteland list...)

It's pretty long, but I really enjoyed it, kinda provokes you into thinking - if you could afford it, and if you wanted to "cheat death" would you have a clone of you made as an "insurance policy" ?

Really rather morbid thinking about it, how the clones think they're going to the wonderful "Island" and they're actually going to be effectively excuted so their organs or skin or whatnot can be harvested.

I saw it last week. It had really bad reviews but i loved it (Euan mcGregor helped that.)

I think if i was dying young' date=' i'd probably want a "insurance policy".[/quote']

Even if your clones were like the ones in the movie where contrary to being "agnates" in a vegetative state they were living breathing, walking, talking, self aware humans with feelings and intelligence?

I saw it in Iceland two weeks ago, and even though they stupidly have a break halfway through, I still thought it was one of the best films I'd seen in a while.. although, now secondary to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it. Great film.

It was alright. Ewan Mcgregor was really good, as was that hot girl. The script could have been better. The chases went on far too long and seemed to make up for a lack in plot.

The sponsors really pissed me off:

puma, nike, msn search, apple mac and shitload more always popped up in that film.

I liked the "im spartacus" bit

Guest b-bert
The sponsors really pissed me off:

puma' date=' nike, msn search, apple mac and shitload more always popped up in that film.[/quote']

i thought it was quite funny how obvious they were.

also i think that film has the most ridiculous scene ever(falling off the building).

i enjoyed it, but any film with ethan phillips will be good.