aberdeen-music

Should the Council Bail Out The AECC?

chilli

I am now guilty of picking up the stick in the middle and running in circles with it. I hadn't seen the fact that it was a loan from the council etc an this does in fact make 'some' sense but why do I still have an uneasy feeling about the whole thing and just don't trust the council at the moment. Gut feeling based on past events! And don't get me started on the council tax!!!!! Man alive!!

The biennial exhibition, which this

year ran from 2nd-5th September at

Aberdeen Exhibition and

Conference Centre, attracted over

25,000 visitors and generated an

estimated 12 million for the local

economy.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acc_data/publication/Bulletin4.pdf

Yep it seems quite expensive @ Offshore Europe...

http://www.offshore-europe.co.uk/exhibition/booking-form.asp

Anyone know the name of limited company that runs the AECC?

dunno why theres resentment towards the oil industry, any other city would feel lucky to have it, and remember its a business not a public service, so cut throat it may be, but they owe us nothing. If people here can benefit from the business and employment the oil brings then thats good, but it cant possibly benefit everyone, I kinda think thats naive and asking too much given we stupidly voted in a capitalist government again

unlike Norway where they use their oil revenue to make everyones standard of living very high .....a form of communism that works! (so long as theres a supply of oil)

opposing the oil industry is like being in edinburgh and resenting all the tourists (which I know some people in Edin do) ......but without them the city would be kinda fooked

and back to the AECC - its just a useless shed run by the clueless attended by the soulless

if it burns down I hope it takes out Bridge of Don with it and all of the CD collections of its dull residents (coldplay/travis etc)

unlike Norway where they use their oil revenue to make everyones standard of living very high .....a form of communism that works! (so long as theres a supply of oil)

Shetland pulled off a blinder in the 70s when dealing with the oil companies. So in more than one way they resemble Norway...