aberdeen-music

i need some feedback...

KatyS

ok so i have had an idea for a website just wanna now if you guys think its worthwile or any other ideas or comments....

i want to make a website basically to help bands get gigs, organisers find bands, and people to find out about the local bands.

I plan to do this by making a directory of local bands- i would need any local band to send me some basic information about themselves ie style of music, members, biography of the band and of course - your contact details so promoters can get in touch.

In addition - it would be great if any local premotors could do the same - just there info and conact details - so bands can contact them.

Also i plan to add reviews of local gigs, a messege board and all that, amybe mp3 and vidoes .. and anything else i feel like.

I won't bother making a gig guide or anything cos this site is very good for that - but this is just to help people when the read a gig to know more about the bands.

so any feedback would be greatly apreicated - i wont make the site if it is not wanted or needed- or any ideas or improvments. i am only in the forming ideas stage - but please leave a comment if your a band/promoter who would like to be on the website - remember - its all extra promotion!

Guest Main Agent
I think you may have missed the boat in cornering that particular niche market. AUBL already covers the local bands directory pretty well' date=' and this site covers everything else you mention.[/quote']

Katy, dont let monopolizers put you off doing what you want to do, ;)

eg; just coz there is a P&J, doesnt mean there isnt space for an Independant or Citizen........;)

ok i have decided what to do( thanks for the feedback by the way - it was useful) i am gonna go ahead with the site but it is gonna be primarily for bands looking for gigs and organisers looking for bands. i made up a quick mock up this afternoon to see how it would work and this is what i am going to do:

There will be one page with the bands on, with information about there where/when bands want gigs, as well as info on there genre and all that. Promoters will be able to browse to find bands that they feel will be suitable. All there contact inforamtion will be on there too. This will also be useful for people wanting to find info on a band when deciding when to see 'em.

In additon there will be a page for promoters with info on what type of gigs they put on and what type of bands they are looking for; and of course - contac details so bands can get in touch.

They will also be reviews of gigs and stuff!

So for bands out there who want some free promotion and to get more gigs all i need you to do is fill out the information below and email it to me with a picture. I am going on holiday for a week and when i get back i'l make the real site with whatever bands and promoters i have - then i'll start advertising etc...

Band Name

Members

Genre

Band Bio

Where and where you want gigs

Contact details and website

Ok and promotes i'll just need...

Promoters Name

Bio/Info on Promoters

When/Where bands are wanted (if aparticular gig or just in general)

Genre of band wanted

Contact details

Website

ok - this could be a really good and useful website ... so drop me a emial - hot_hunny_bunny@hotmail.com