aberdeen-music

God, what a shite band...

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

hahaha thats the best band ya silly banana

Moderator - Phil has made a grave mistake and I think(to cover his obvious embarrassment) he would like to have the thread name changed to "Check this awesome killer band lol"

Guest Zeenat Aman
I'd like to think so' date=' but unfortunately, thats not the case[/quote']

Ok Michael, what's so good and supposedly innovative and new about them?

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
Ok Michael' date=' what's so good and supposedly innovative and new about them?[/quote']

well, this is what they are - the most exciting band you will ever hear of.

vert1t.jpg

wide.jpg

As for innovation

wk2-01.jpg

^^^Bango string^^^

jds-07.jpg

^^^1,800 Watts of speaker power^^^

bennett01.jpg

^^^broken telephone reciever for microphone^^^

What more would a person want?

I think they are brilliant....its not really just a noise...the have very clever set ups to create different sounds...such as a banjo string on the bass which creates an incredable high pitch note...the drummer is nothing short of fantastic.....they may not be 100% inventive (the coachwhips and Pink and Brown did this stuff before them) but they are still fantastic...

Guest Zeenat Aman
it's cathartic.

It also breaks down the barriers between musician & performer and deconstructs the standard ideas of "musicianship" and "ability" & makes the listener have to think about what he is hearing.

Ok' date=' make me that cd-r you mentioned.

I think they are brilliant....its not really just a noise...the have very clever set ups to create different sounds...such as a banjo string on the bass which creates an incredable high pitch note...the drummer is nothing short of fantastic.....they may not be 100% inventive (the coachwhips and Pink and Brown did this stuff before them) but they are still fantastic...

Oh god, not you again!

:D

Guest Zeenat Aman
I'll copy Wolf Eyes for you as well just to really spoil your night!!! :D

I'll give it a listen at full blast through my guitar amp, will you bail me out of jail?

I'm not convinced from what I've heard thus far, but you lot seem so bloody sure.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Im going to lock you in a chamber with Lightning Bolt pumping out for 7 days and 7 nights....until you become a noise fan!

I'm going to come see your band live one of these days, I'll hide in a corner snearing "young upstarts!", "It's just noise!", "where's the fucking melody?".

:gringo:

I actually like some noise, I'm not all tootling flute's and breathy saxophone's you know, but thrashing guitars with loads of distortion and drum beating is an easy/lazy way of maing it in my opinion.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Very Wrong answer Phil + Bob' date=' but it's your opinion and I absolutely loathe some of the stuff you like so nyerr.[/quote']

Marillion or Lighting Bolt?