aberdeen-music

Seeking keyboadr/synth player for organic/electronic prog band

palmer_eldritch

Hey everyone. I've managed to piece together a line up for a prog/psychadelic/experimental band. We'd be looking to do a lot of different styles of music. However, today i've been listening to an "ambient" radio station and have decided that it would be awesome to have a capable key player in the band too.

Preferably ability to play synth as well as keyboard (I have a microkorg handy too). Also quite a versatile player would be great.

I know its a long shot to find anyone, but if anyone is interested, just pm me or reply to this post.

Some of our influences include:

Can, Steve Hillage, Yes, Tool, Neu!, King Crimson, and Tangerine Dream :D

Ofcourse, similar influences aren't vital but if you know at all what i'm talking about... then great!

Rory

Well tomorrow i'm going to have a jam with the other guitarist, Rob (wishbone g on the forums). Our bassist is Thom (also in the midnight noise collective), who is really the perfect bassist for this band. My good friend, Alex, hopefully on percussion and vocals. Plus, hopefully, Marve on drums (although that is yet to be confirmed). Still early days yet, but after jamming with Rob tomorrow, i hope to get a full band practise organised very soon! The keyboards i imagine will come in to it a wee bit later, after we get our feet on the ground.

Hopefully i'll be able to switch between guitar, electric sitar, and even my newly purchased cuatro for this band!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i can't wait! It's actually going to happen! :cheers:

If your ever interested in having a jam, some flute would CERTAINLY not go amis here :gringo: Though, as i say, before anything like that gets involved, best we get our feet in the ground first. . . It could turn out to be shite :down: But i'll never give up on this project!

Guest Zeenat Aman

If your ever interested in having a jam' date=' some flute would CERTAINLY not go amis here :gringo: Though, as i say, before anything like that gets involved, best we get our feet in the ground first. . . It could turn out to be shite :down: But i'll never give up on this project![/quote']

I am deeply offended that you consider me only as a flaustist.

Good luck with it though.

The wizard hats will be a 24/7 thing I hope?

wizard hats' date=' robes, wands, familiars... ALL 24/7[/quote']

You know, I was really and truly inspired by the wizard clothing discussion we had! It is one of the best things I've ever heard, and made me want to dedicate the rest of my life to becoming Keith Emerson and Rick Wakeman. :cheers:

Good luck with the band -

itcan7.jpg