aberdeen-music

Wildhearts fans...

Afro Droid

...Gearhead will release a handily compiled collection of the band's recent singles and b-sides, under the title 'Coupled With'...

wildhearts-coupledwith_large.jpg

Not as good as their older output, but still better the 99% of other bands.

Edit: released in March, tracklisting is:

1 Stormy In The North, Karma In The South

2 Move On

3 Cheers

4 The People That Life Forgot

5 L.T.D.

6 Looking For The One

7 6.30 Onwards

8 Eager to Leave 'Er

9 Putting It On

10 Better Than Cable

11 Lake Of Piss

12 If I Decide

13 Bang!

14 You Got To Get Through...

15 Hit It On The Head

16 Let's Go

17 Return To Zero

18 O.C.D.

19 Action Panzer

20 Dancin'

21 Stormy In The North Karma In The South - video

I have to be honest the new stuff really just doesn't do it for me... It's not bad, I just don't think it's all that good.

"So into You" Vs Inglorious (or actually anything pre 1996)

no contest!

However I would relish the opportunity to see them live again as they have written 5 x more awesomely classic songs as most bands could ever wish to!

Guest stuartmaxwell

yeah the new stuf iss a bit err

but "get your grove on" is fucking ace-pity it doesnt last long though

the stormy in the north bsides were good esp (you got to................)

the vanilla basides were ok

pretty much that cd is "riff after riff after motherfucking riff"

with added stuff

its shame how the wildhearts keep getting raped with all these silly japanese releases/best ofs/etc etc

Originally posted by stuartmaxwell:

its shame how the wildhearts keep getting raped with all these silly japanese releases/best ofs/etc etc

Not really, it's because of their success in Japan that Ginge can live in a swanky part of London and drive a big car. CJ is married to a japanese girl.

The only Jap release getting though is 'Tokyo Suits Me', it's a double live record, and a classic throughout.

yeah the new stuf iss a bit err

but "get your grove on" is fucking ace-pity it doesnt last long though

the stormy in the north bsides were good esp (you got to................)

the vanilla basides were ok

The b-sides to 'Stormy...' are fucking amazing, defintiley the best of the new stuff.

Standout album tracks for me would have to be 'Nexus Icon', 'Get Your Groove On', 'Only One Hell' and 'All Up to Me'...

Guest stuartmaxwell

i remember that last time they played the lemon tree they played ocd last

strange way to end a greatest hits set, they werent up for "sky babies", that would make such an ace last song-full version

i remember that last time they played the lemon tree they played ocd last

strange way to end a greatest hits set, they werent up for "sky babies", that would make such an ace last song-full version

But they did play 'Schizophonic' at the Lemontree, worth the price of admission alone. I was beyond fucked that day.

Saw them play 'Sky Babies' at the Barras last year when they played with Amen. And each of the 14 minutes of rifftastic rock was ambrosia to the ears!

Guest stuartmaxwell

ii was due to go to that gig, had me ticket an all, then had to GIVE it away, i should have quit that stinking job so i could have went, boohoo

i missed mogwai and sky babies at the barras last year, an absolute fucking travesty

i aint heard any of the supershit material, silverginger5 stuff was pretty good from what ive heard

any news on the singles club??

My word, track down the S$666 EP as soon as possible, that's some fucking righteous rock n'roll right there. Infact, come to Air Guitar on Saturday and I'll play some. There are clips here:

http://www.thewildhearts.com/audio.shtml

Recorded in 1998, released in 2000, and set to annoy neighbours everywhere 'til well into the 22nd century, this 18-minute rollercoaster ride through hard, fast and very, very LOUD rock 'n' roll is the ultimate wake up call. Ginger hooks up with Backyard Babies guitarist Dregen, The Hellacopters' Nick Royale and producer Tomas Skogsberg to create some of the dirtiest music ever committed to CD.

I LOVE Silver Ginger 5, the first gig was the best show I've ever seen. Consider them a happier, glammier Wildhearts. 'Black Leather Mojo' is much better than the new WH album.

Check this out, it's the video for 'Sonic Shake':

http://www.thewildhearts.com/video.shtml

As far as I know, the singles club is dead, mainly due to the incompetance of Infernal. Probably for the best, the quality of the material was dwindling a bit. The first two are awesome, but the most recent one was a bit dissapointing.

From the horse's mouth: "I don't know what's up with Infernal. It looks increasingly like I'm going to have to clean up this one myself. Don't worry, the songs already recorded will see the light of day."

Guest tv tanned

I cannot believe I missed this thread.

Louise will get her first intro to the Wildhearts live.

I'll also be at Liquid Rooms, if you see me say 'fit like'.

Anybody up for meeting for a few swallies beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...
A message from Ginger explaining the tour support: "I am saddened to see that the Backyard Babies have pulled out of our April tour. I know that a lot of people that read this web site, and the mailing list, are Backyard Babies fans, and I am sorry to those of you that have already bought tickets to see them.

An official explanation from the Backyard Babies has yet to surface, so I am still in the dark as to why this has happened.

We do, however, have Therapy? playing with us instead!!!!!

If anyone thinks that this is not just as good, if not better, a bill, then I suggest instant medical attention.

Therapy? are one of the greatest live bands to ever exist, and I for one, am as excited as fuck to be playing with them as our very special guests, and presumably wiping the floor with us on some nights. This is going to be a tough one.

It looks like The Glitterati are providing third on the bill thrills too, so get down early and see this lot before they go nuclear, and leave you behind. And they will.

Believe me, I think this is the best bill we have ever put together....and that's really saying something.

Roll on April. Rock and Fucking Roll, Motherfuckers!!!"

www.thewildhearts.com