aberdeen-music

Acoustic gigs...

PaulDW

Belmont Cinema, HJBs, Cafe Drummonds, Dr Drakes all have acoustic nights. The Lemon Tree had a couple of showcase nights last year but they expect more than 150 punters to "break even".

Where have you played acoustic nights before? Network with other acoustic-y folk and put on gigs!

• 4 months later...

I got asked to send a demo into The Lemon Tree; I play acoustic stuff too. See where that gets you, just put a few demo's around and ask about - see what's happening and if you speak to enough folk you'll find a few mates worth taking the time to talk to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
this is kinda related so thought i'd post here ..anyone know where is worth trying for acoustic gigs out of aberdeen?

cheers' date='

Emma[/quote']

Try the Cathouse in Dundee, they quite often like to have acoustic artists when they have emo bands etc

Best thing is to send a demo cd to promoters or venues and they'll slot you in when they can!

There's an alright open mic night in Stirling apparently - not sure if you get paid for the privaledge, but if you take CDs..... who knows? Might sell enough to cover petrol costs.

Nicky Tams, Baker St, Stirling - Saturday afternoon open mic which comes heartily recommended!

• 3 months later...