aberdeen-music

Courtney Love's New Song

Camie

Guest Kryys With No 'X'

Essential to rock music? Real 'punk, rock and roll'?

The album is not solely written by Courtney, infact there are numerous others credited to writing...makes her no different from Avril or Kelly Osbourne! Miss Love is as essential to rock music now as a dog coming up and biting you in the ass.

Some people...

Guest The Voyeur
Originally posted by Kryys With No 'X':

Essential to rock music? Real 'punk, rock and roll'?

The album is not solely written by Courtney, infact there are numerous others credited to writing...makes her no different from Avril or Kelly Osbourne! Miss Love is as essential to rock music now as a dog coming up and biting you in the ass.

Some people...

well courtney love i admit is musically talentless, only that doesn't matter when she can delegate and find random muso's to do the work for her. avril lavigne is tediously dull and bereft of a personality or sex appeal, while i don't actually mind kelly osbourne, she's just a pawn marketing tool for her dads tv show.

courtney's latest album is not a patch on celebrity skin, lyrically she is still extremely sharp and her intellect is frightening, just the album is sprawling, piecemeal and poorly produced. i would argue though that courtney is one of the few genuinely threatening female rock stars we have left. courtney love is the only show in town, a provocative and sparkling figure that spits in the face of male misogyny.

Guest Kryys With No 'X'

I disagree, Courtney is neither provocative nor is she a 'sparkling figure that spits in the face of male misogyny'! I can think of far more believable, life-affirming females; Kathleen Hanna for example. Courtney Love is a wannabe Riot Grrl, nothing more than a media darling...a role model for angsty, teenage girls who haven't yet discovered females with a real sense of spirit. I also think her intellect is open for debate...from some of the footage I've seen of her, she's an embarrassment.

As for Celebrity Skin, it was practically written by Billy Corgan...

Guest The Voyeur

I disagree, Courtney is neither provocative nor is she a 'sparkling figure that spits in the face of male misogyny'! I can think of far more believable, life-affirming females; Kathleen Hanna for example. Courtney Love is a wannabe Riot Grrl, nothing more than a media darling...a role model for angsty, teenage girls who haven't yet discovered females with a real sense of spirit. I also think her intellect is open for debate...from some of the footage I've seen of her, she's an embarrassment.

As for Celebrity Skin, it was practically written by Billy Corgan...

well courtney, whatever anybody has to say about her, is the probably the most provocative figure in rock music, just consider how reviled and scorned upon she is by fans, musicians and enemies alike. she is incredibly well read and lyrically is vastly underated, her verbose and poetic writing style when allied with talented musicians such as billy corgan, can lead to some brilliant records. i personally find her to be an unpredictable free spirit, openly defiant and still sneering in the face of so many boring male rock bands.

I can think of far more believable, life-affirming females; Kathleen Hanna for example.

Yes, but can you name a more 'life-affirming female' who has reached the same level of commercial success as Love?

Part of Love's appeal as an anti-misogynist 'musician' (even I admit she may not be the most technically-able of singers/players) is that she has equalled and in many cases outstripped the success of her male peers in the business.

i was all excited about the new album..........having been such a huge fan.........but to be honest it doesn't live up to the old days........and neither did Celebrity Skin.....don't get me wrong........i quite like the album but the fact that instead i can't stop listening to the New (Melissa) Auf der Maur album instead says a lot

Guest The Voyeur
Originally posted by Off With Her Head:

Yes, but can you name a more 'life-affirming female' who has reached the same level of commercial success as Love?

Part of Love's appeal as an anti-misogynist 'musician' (even I admit she may not be the most technically-able of singers/players) is that she has equalled and in many cases outstripped the success of her male peers in the business.

i couldn't agree more with what this person has said. what i find patronising is the idea that girls blindly worship courtney love because she's this angsty 'attention seeking' media whore. i'm sure female music fans have more profound reasons for buying hole records.

Its kind of ironic that Cortney Love is slagged off so much for mearly behaving in exactally the same way as her male contemporaries. Male performers can fuck around as much as they want and get kicked off planes for being drugged to the eyeballs, have gastly pictures of them published, etc with no negative consequences to their public image but when a woman does it she is what? A whore?

(Edited to say:) Actually its not ironic, its a blatent example of pervasive sexism in society.

Originally posted by monkey:

Its kind of ironic that Cortney Love is slagged off so much for mearly behaving in exactally the same way as her male contemporaries. Male performers can fuck around as much as they want and get kicked off planes for being drugged to the eyeballs, have gastly pictures of them published, etc with no negative consequences to their public image but when a woman does it she is what? A whore?

(Edited to say:) Actually its not ironic, its a blatent example of pervasive sexism in society.

to be fair, they are cunts as well.

courtenay love: only famous because her genius husband killed himself.

Guest The Voyeur
Originally posted by huntedbyafreak:

to be fair, they are cunts as well.

courtenay love: only famous because her genius husband killed himself.

she was famous before her husband killed herself...

Originally posted by broken_doll:

i was all excited about the new album..........having been such a huge fan.........but to be honest it doesn't live up to the old days........and neither did Celebrity Skin.....don't get me wrong........i quite like the album but the fact that instead i can't stop listening to the New (Melissa) Auf der Maur album instead says a lot

I agree, it's definitely not as good as her previous stuff, but still a decent album.

'But Julian...' is my favourite so far.