aberdeen-music

Interpol

slippy

I saw them live in Glasgow on one of those NME tours (datsuns, polyphonic spree and the thrills) and thought they were shite... But I ended up buying antics because i liked evil and slow hands - thank you exodus - and really liked it. Turn on the Bright lights is class too... Dunno why i thought they were rubbish live, maybe it was just a one off.

In The Flat Field is the most consistent Bauhaus album in my humble opinion' date=' the others tended to veer into some dodgy experimental territory. Which is why it's the only studio one I have bought on CD besides the Press The Eject And Give Me The Tape live one. The 2 CD singles compilations probably cover all you need unless you are obsessive about them. But Rosegarden Funeral Of Sores isn't on them so In The Flat Field still is a must buy for me for that track alone, I love it for some reason....5 quid in FOPP quite frequently, keep an eye out.[/quote']

Do you have Gotham, the live album? Is Bela Lugosi's Dead on the single comp? I'm not with you on Rosegarden, although I'd like to hear the John Cale original

Guest bluesxman
Do you have Gotham' date=' the live album? Is Bela Lugosi's Dead on the single comp? I'm not with you on Rosegarden, although I'd like to hear the John Cale original[/quote']

I do have it yeah, fiver in the old FOPP a few years back, it's pretty good! Bela is on the 1979 - 1983 singles compilation and on the later compilation Crackle.

i keep hearing about them' date=' i suppose i had better give them a listen. what should i download?

and there is nothing wrong with Bauhaus[/quote']

You win, you're more open minded than me. I have no desire to give Opeth a fair hearing, no matter how much I hear about them. I am, of course, reckoning without your not-so secret love of Hot Hot Heat

Good to see you've allowed yourself a bit of proper goth as well