aberdeen-music

Bert Jansch

Bert Jansch

Sunday 28th August

Doors Open 7pm/Onstage 8pm

12 (8 concessions and Regulars)

Bert Jansch's ground-breaking guitar playing, deeply affecting songwriting and dark, passionate voice have held audiences spellbound since the mid-sixties. Famously admired by Jimmy Page, Neil Young and Nick Drake, more recently young luminaries Noel Gallagher, Jarvis Cocker, Bernard Butler and Johnny Marr have paid homage to this unassuming but intensely revered master.

"As much of a great guitar player as Jimi (Hendrix) was, Bert Jansch is the same thing for acoustic guitarand my favourite." Neil Young

"At one point, I was absolutely obsessed with Bert Jansch. When I first heard that LP [1965], I couldn't believe it. It was so far ahead of what everyone else was doing. No one in America could touch that." Jimmy Page

details

I'll be there (hopefully, ....as my wages will be cut by 50% in August :down: ). I've seen him live lots of times, since Pentangle played the Music Hall in nineteen oatcake. He went through a phase of being a bit touchy/semingly disinterested in the 80s , but has been ace the last few times.

Bert Jansch gig postponed

Bert Jansch's gig at The Lemon Tree, scheduled for Sunday 28th August, has been postponed due to Bert having to undergo a routine but essential medical procedure.

He hopes to make 1 or 2 short appearances at the summer festivals, but all headline shows have been postponed, probably until early 2006. Apologies for any disappointment caused.