aberdeen-music

Kitchen Cynics on e-bay album shock.

Alan Cynic

It's not a Kitchen Cynics album, but one I played bass on in 1977, with a school pal. I'd be very surprised if it sells. My copy is still on my record shelf, by the way!

(Note to prog fans...Niall Matthewson of Pallas plays on a song!)

edit...forgot the actual link (the excitement of Zeenat's birthday got to me!)...it's...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16138&item=4731497492&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It's not a Kitchen Cynics album' date=' but one I played bass on in 1977, with a school pal. I'd be very surprised if it sells. My copy is still on my record shelf, by the way!

(Note to prog fans...Niall Matthewson of Pallas plays on a song!)[/quote']

what's the bid number for it? had a look for "kitchen cynics" on ebay but didn't find anything.

gon stick a link up!

dave(not mitch) filthpact found a filthpact record on ebay being sold by some american fellow who quite liked it but "didnt understand the buzz about it from everyone"!

thats good.

My mates found a CD being sold in Japan of some unreleased songs they recorded "before they were famous" but was never ever released on CD.

They bid on it with a stupid amount, won the auction then told the guy to f*ck off when he contacted them for payment.

My mates found a CD being sold in Japan of some unreleased songs they recorded "before they were famous" but was never ever released on CD.

They bid on it with a stupid amount' date=' won the auction then told the guy to f*ck off when he contacted them for payment.[/quote']

could get some great negative feedback out of that!

But it must've been a good feeling' date=' all the same :up:[/quote']

aye, definately.some day i hope to be surfing ebay only to stumble across the first unreleased recording i ever did, entitled 'steves final nail', consisting of a bass guitar being thumped against my sofa whith a radio in the background blaring static as i shouted loudly about leaking coffins.seriously.i'd pay approx 7.50p for it i'd imagine.

pretty cool your record is valued at 500 in record collector, that would make me smile for awhile.

aye' date=' definately.some day i hope to be surfing ebay only to stumble across the first unreleased recording i ever did, entitled 'steves final nail', consisting of a bass guitar being thumped against my sofa whith a radio in the background blaring static as i shouted loudly about leaking coffins.seriously.i'd pay approx 7.50p for it i'd imagine.

pretty cool your record is valued at 500 in record collector, that would make me smile for awhile.[/quote']

I'm only plonking the bass (badly) on it, but it's not in my copy of the Record Collector guide (which is an old one)....you still sometimes see copies in second hand shops in Aberdeen - maybe I should buy one next time I see it!

It's pretty easy-listening stuff, with only 2 songs I like....one has double tracked violin, and one is the long spacey title-track mentioned on e-bay, which features Niall M on lead gtr.

I was just getting into punk at the time, so my heart was elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...