aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance

medichi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really bother me' date=' i was just saying that i really don't like them.

In my opinion though latter day radiohead is brilliant.

Radioheads albums 4-6 > Radioheads albums 1-3

I've only heard two full pink floyd albums so I can't really comment but one of them is "the division bell" which i believe is a later album of theirs and it's just shit.

I think this is going slightly off topic though.[/quote']

Fair play, min. Fair play.

"The Bends" got me through my teenage years, so I have to say that's their best, followed by OK Comp. i saw them at Dundee Caird Hall when "OK" just came out and the way the played the songs raised the benchamrk (for me) in terms of what I get out of a live performance. It was incrdeible how faithfully they reproduced the sound of the album, but the songs seemed to grow and sound out of this world. Pablo Honey had some amazing moments (and if it was better recorded and replaced some of the weaker tracks with B - sides of the time I think it would have a fair shout as their best.) I bought "Kid A" and was dissillusioned to the point of not buying their singles anymore, which at the time was a big step for me! I really disliked them after that, and just don't "get it" anymore!

The Floyd were alright up to a couple of albums before "The Division Bell" but their earlier work is miles better. I'm nae even a great fan, but the gulf in quality between the likes of "Wish you Were Here" and "The Division Bell" is massive. I would seriously consider checking out Wish You Were Here if you're a big Radiohead fan - I'm sure you'll find a few things in there you like.

This is far more pleasing than arguing about MCR! I only own a copy of their second album, have never seen them live and think they look like a bunch of twats! I just think their album has some good tunes on it!

cool' date=' wish you were here would have probaly been the next one i got if i buy another soon, i've heard good htings about it form other people too.[/quote']

DON'T! Buy Saucerful of Secrets, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Ummagumma, or the Live At Pompei DVD instead. Anything over which Roger Waters had creative control is worthless, especially Dark Side.

• 1 month later...