aberdeen-music

old people appreciation thread

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

Okay, I was thinking about something for a little while today while I was observing a bunch of pensioners, and this is what I came up with (TV Tanned:no, it does not have a "point"):

every day when we get older, in a way, we get younger too. When you're young, you tend to not do much or care about the things that would matter later on in life. You dont care why your parents pay council tax, why you would need an insurance and so on. You do what you like in those years, play football, hang out with your friends, play golf, or whatever. Why? Because you can. Then you enter a long phase where some things become more important. You move out, get your own place, basically lead an independent life and follow the 9 to 5 circle. When you're past your 60s, chances are that you're going to retire, and in a way degrade to what you were when you were a kid or teenager. You start to enjoy a simple life again. You don't go to the pub every weekend in order to compensate for the mundanenity of the working life. And it's a sure thing that we revisit our younger days. Just look at the stuff they do with pensioners in the old folks home. They spend their time drawing and painting, group activities, walking and many other things. The same thing you did in primary. So, next time you see an old pensioner walking down the street, don't get pissed because they walk too slow down the road, they aren't so unlike you.

Guest tv tanned
Okay' date=' I was thinking about something for a little while today while I was observing a bunch of pensioners, and this is what I came up with (TV Tanned:no, it does not have a "point"):[/quote']

1. Fuck you

2. Yes it did have a point, and it was one with which I agree. I like old people. Some of the most fascinating stories I have heard have been from talking to my grandfather, or other old age pensioners, telling stories of the war, or of growing up in poverty, or any number of things.

Far more interesting than some of the self-obsessed losers who appear in pubs all the time wanting to talk about themselves constantly.

There are some nice old people, like the guy Jimmy who used to come into the shop I worked at. He'd trundle along with a big grin on his face, then stop a few yards from the counter, check that he had enough change for his paper, then come to the till chuckling away saying "I hope I've got enough change, heh heh heh! Can i have two lucky dips for myself, and two for my neighbour please." And then he'd say something funny, and trundle off again. Old folk like him are ace.

But you also get the ones like this bitch ten years ago who I remember zipping infront of me and my mum when we were just joining a queue in ASDA. Cheeky fucking bitch. And there was the woman who expected my sister to give her seat up for another old woman who came on the bus, even though my sister had a violin and two huge bags to carry. My sister rightfully ignored her. And all the other countless number of oldies who think that managing to dodge their coffins makes them more deserving of things than others.

It's like with most groups of people: there are nice ones and there are cuntish ones, but it's the cuntish ones that stand out more and hence give the nice ones a bad name.

I shall reserve my right to get pissed off with old people who hog up the entire pavement though. That's just plain rude.

old women like granny's bake the finest rock cakes.

old men are the best fishermen.

And toffee/tablet. Never forget tablet.

God my gran used to make the best. She gave me the recipe ages ago' date=' but I still haven't used it cause I know it won't turn out nearly as good as hers...[/color']