aberdeen-music

screw yer i-pods, i want this!

framheim

Guest onlynik
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000934N2O/ref=ase_totallyskint-21/202-9025674-5854220

oh yea' date=' that's a what i'm talking about.

40 hours battery life!![/quote']

Shame its not an mp3 player. It uses Sony's shitty ATRAC3 codec. So you'll have to use sonicstage, possibly the worst app in the known world. You'll ju8st have to wait until it converts all your mp3s into ATRAC3 files. ace. not.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough' date=' ill have to admit that my year old series 3 i pod's battery only last about 4 hours these days but thats because i use it as a portable hard drive, to store all my graphic design work ( around 4 gigs), and the i pod uses firewire connections which are far faster than usb and charge at the same time. Also, when the battery does die i can get another one [url']http://ipaq-battery.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=27. For pure aesthetics you cant beat an i-pod.

Nah, balls to your ipod. Over priced, over-rated, over here! The sony looks ace. I am considering it :D

Shame its not an mp3 player. It uses Sony's shitty ATRAC3 codec. So you'll have to use sonicstage' date=' possibly the worst app in the known world. You'll ju8st have to wait until it converts all your mp3s into ATRAC3 files. ace. not.[/quote']

Err, yes it is. Since the NW-HD3 model the Sony hard-disk based players play MP3's natively without having to first convert them to ATRAC3 format. Of course, they still play ATRAC3 files as well.

Shame its not an mp3 player. It uses Sony's shitty ATRAC3 codec. So you'll have to use sonicstage' date=' possibly the worst app in the known world. You'll ju8st have to wait until it converts all your mp3s into ATRAC3 files. ace. not.[/quote']

Shame that you're flat out WRONG! It plays Mp3s directly, it plays .wmas directly, it *doesn't* convert tracks to ATRAC when you transfer them.

These things happened on the original Sony players (the HD-1 and HD-3), but not the HD-5. The HD-3 had an update as well that would play Mp3s natively.

So less of your Sony bashing.

Oh, and there's no copy protection on it, have just ripped the only protected CD I have quite successfully.

is the sonicstage anything like magic gate? i have an old MD player thatt does atrac (a real networks thing not sonys they just bought the rights to use it). The sony magiv gate prog would only allow you to check a song out to a max of 2 discs, if you wanted to do another you had to find the disc and "check" the song back in. s it the same for sonicstage???