aberdeen-music

The Mellotron

Guest Zeenat Aman

If you have 3 grand burning a hole in your pocket.....

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Aug02/articles/mellotron.asp

You'll be nearer to 5000 at least to have it sitting in your home now.

Fuck that tune at the end sounds like My Granny on her hammond every xmas of my youth :D

Your gran must be very cool then... perhaps she's wishing it was a mellotron! :up:

You'll be nearer to £5000 at least to have it sitting in your home now.

Best get saving :D

Your gran must be very cool then... perhaps she's wishing it was a mellotron! :up:

I'm sure she's still playing that organ in hell! :D (RIP)

Actually I don't think it was a hammond, more a combo organ, had all sort of flip switches on it and mini fader things with coloured handles...big built in speaker, foot pedals etc....sounded superb and could sound a bit like a hammond (to my young ears) but yeah that tune (whatever it is) in a house full of folk at xmas/new year, probably all 20 people in the house could (and would wait their turn to) play it :D

I'm sure she's still playing that organ in hell! :D (RIP)

Actually I don't think it was a hammond' date=' more a combo organ, had all sort of flip switches on it and mini fader things with coloured handles...big built in speaker, foot pedals etc....sounded superb and could sound a bit like a hammond (to my young ears) but yeah that tune (whatever it is) in a house full of folk at xmas/new year, probably all 20 people in the house could (and would wait their turn to) play it :D[/quote']

Sounds fun, bless. :love:

• 3 weeks later...
It's cute. :p

You and your fu**ing mellotrons!!

Had this crazy dream last night' date=' somehow I had two mellotrons in my house, one that looked normal, and one that looked like a hammond! I was demonstrating the clunking and rewinding of the sounds when I noticed the Hammond looking mellotron said MKIV, for some reason I was thinking this was you user name so wanted to get a photo of it to show you....the rest of the dream is a bit hazy (it probably exploded and killed me)...I woke up thinking it was a strange dream as your name is MKII and a MKIV I thought was a hammond (hence it looking like a hammond) but googling it this morning, a MKIV [b']is a mellotron model!

Weird as shit! Stay out my dreams!!!! :love:

You and your fu**ing mellotrons!!

Had this crazy dream last night' date=' somehow I had two mellotrons in my house, one that looked normal, and one that looked like a hammond! I was demonstrating the clunking and rewinding of the sounds when I noticed the Hammond looking mellotron said MKIV, for some reason I was thinking this was you user name so wanted to get a photo of it to show you....the rest of the dream is a bit hazy (it probably exploded and killed me)...I woke up thinking it was a strange dream as your name is MKII and a MKIV I thought was a hammond (hence it looking like a hammond) but googling it this morning, a MKIV [b']is a mellotron model!

Weird as shit! Stay out my dreams!!!! :love:

The hammond looking mellotron is a MKII, the MKIV is the more well known white/black one keyboard version.

The hammond looking mellotron is a MKII' date=' the MKIV is the more well known white/black one keyboard version.[/quote']

OK THIS IS FREAKY SHIT...because I was VERY UNAWARE of mellotron resembling a hammond, and the fact that it IS the model which resembles your username, and that it looks exactly the same as my dream...?( That's me off the red bull!!!! :D

OK THIS IS FREAKY SHIT...because I was VERY UNAWARE of mellotron resembling a hammond' date=' and the fact that it IS the model which resembles your username, and that it looks exactly the same as my dream...?( That's me off the red bull!!!! :D[/quote']

Did you watch this clip?

http://www.britishpathe.com/images//preview/00000000/00003000/00003856.WMV

TV Magicians

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!......

....that a 60's/70's TV magician could have been so influential in the development of Prog-Rock!!!!! :laughing:

Sadly, I'm old enough to remember David Nixon :down:

The videos is great - and in colour too!!!!

You can see where Harry Enfield got his inspiration for those brilliant "Chumley-Warner" information film spoofs.

DZL

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!......

....that a 60's/70's TV magician could have been so influential in the development of Prog-Rock!!!!! :laughing:

Sadly' date=' I'm old enough to remember David Nixon :down:

The videos is great - and in colour too!!!!

You can see where Harry Enfield got his inspiration for those brilliant "Chumley-Warner" information film spoofs.

DZL[/quote']

Bizarre aint it! 8)

There's a whole lot more here: http://www.britishpathe.com/