aberdeen-music

FAO any football fans...

delboy

i've not gone into the ins and outs of the off the field activity at my beloved cambridge united but this is the situation. bideawhile owned by one of our directors john howard bought our stadium for a couple of million quid last november to prevent the club going into administration and subsequently getting a 10 point deduction (which in hindsight prob wouldnt have made any difference anyway) at the time we were told this money would last 26 months, suddenly two months later the money was gone.....

recently another director Dr Johnny Hon offered to buy the ground back from bideawhile for 2.2 million quid (thus making bideawhile a quick 300,000 profit) and this offer was turned down flat, no negotiation nothing. part of dr hon's proposal was to put the stadium back in the hands of the club not a company with other interests. essentially he was offering the club a loan to buy back its stadium which is what everyone apart from howard wants.

it seems that bideawhile's plans are to sell the ground to build houses and relocate united to small soul less out of town stadium that most people at the club dont want. the figures have been worked out and either way bideawhile stand to make a huge profit out of the club - part of the deal was that we were to lease the ground from them for 200,000 grand a year or they have to relocate us. the land is worth more than what bideawhile paid for it but when it was sold to them we were quite frankly desperate.

yes some of the directors at the club have been very stupid and nieve in letting the deal go through in the first place, now bideawhile have got their grubby little hands on our ground they aint gonna let it go

a supporter has set up an on line petition and if your fan of the beautiful game please sign it. ours is just another case of directors and businessmen using football clubs for their own financial gain. look around the lower english leagues and you hear similar tales of mismanagement - oldham, york, chester, brighton and wrexham are just a few examples of clubs in a similar position to ours. i'm sure it must go on in scotland as well. with relegation to the conference looming, if these people are continually allowed to do this a club will go out of business, if not two or three.

i know its only a petition but its time the real supporters started fighting back - both cambridge and wrexham have held very successful fan days where supporters of clubs around the country have rallied round for the cause. the more action, however small, the better its time for the fans to start biting back.

i know a lot of you wont give a shit so save any smart comments just dont sign the petition, i did put FAO football fans... but its something i feel very passionate about being a supporter not only of cambridge united but of the game as a whole and i'm quite frankly sick of these money grapping wankers exploiting struggling clubs.

thanks for reading this

you can sign the petition here

http://www.petitiononline.com/langers7/petition.html

and thanks in advance if you do....

Guest tv tanned

anyone else find the irony in a company with an obvious short term interest in cambridge united being called 'bideawhile'? (doric needed)

Anyhoo, petition signed...

cheers for signing it' date=' enjoy the thanks christie (liked your short and sharp comment 'give it back') could be a while before i'm thanking you again![/quote']

No problem Del, I know you'd be lost without you're Saturday ritual of despair when the results come in.